Double Black, Single White

"Sh*t, I can't find it..."

You rubbed your forehead in frustration as you crouched down in front of your bookshelf. A huge messy pile began to take shape behind you as you took books out and threw them to the side promptly in your haste. Panic filled your very being.

"That slip of paper...There's no way."

While there was hardly anything written on them, you remember you placed several notes around your house. You'd intended to leave them tiny so that they're harder to find, and you could argue that they're worthless scraps of trash you forgot to clean up should any port mafia member find one. There's only one issue though...

It's disappeared after Dazai was here.

Dazai.

Not only his he cunning enough to draw conclusions on what you'd think is 'no evidence', but you know exactly what was written on the missing scrap. His goddamn name. Hell, of all the people that shouldn't have found it.

You decided to take a seat on the floor in the midst of everything. The entire room was a barn at this point with everything all over the place, but it's not like it matters right now. Cross-legged, you try to collect yourself, breathing deeply in and out.

After all, who knows? Maybe there's a small chance it fell and happened to get lost? It's not necessarily a given that he found anything...Fingers crossed.

There would've been hours longer of this search for the paper, but while you were trying to calm down, you heard a loud ringing from your room. You pulled yourself up off the floor and walked over to pick up your phone. Speak of the devil and he shows up. Or, calls up?

"Hey, (Y/n)~"

"Dazai."

"We've got a job from Mori. Head to HQ, 'kay?"

"That so? Is it urgent?"

"Not particularly, but it's still important you get here."

"Got it. I'll be on my way then."

"Bye bye~"

"Yup."

And with that, he hung up. Brief calls were always the way you both communicated. It came down to this: Calls typically left more room for your local port mafia members no matter who you were. Both calls and texts can be traced, but at least there's no writing for you to find. You'd have to plan to record the call if you hypothetically wanted to keep evidence.

You grabbed your keys and your coat to head out.

.............

Green light.

You crossed the street onto the Port Mafia's lot. You heard cars zoom by, and indirectly inhaled the gas left behind in the air by them.

Don't you just love a good whiff of carbon monoxide and sulfur? Geez. You cover up your nose briefly when the scent gets a little too strong for comfort.

Ignoring it, you went and entered the tall tower that belongs to the mafia. Upon entering, you looked to your left to see the 'one and only' standing, talking to someone. He seemed to be in a sour kind of mood, and when you looked further, it became clear why. You decided to hold off on letting the duo know you were here yet.

"I have to work with you!?" Dazai whined.

"That's MY line you worthless bag of bandages."

Chuuya Nakahara and Osamu Dazai. You've been "double-blessed" with double-black related problems today...Weee.

"Mori didn't tell me about this! I only work with 'people.' Dogs. Like. You. Don't. Count."

"EXCUSE ME!? YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME YOU LITTLE-"