Tomorrow Approaching

With a whoozy head and heavy body, you opened up your eyes. You couldn't tell what was up and what was down, but all you knew was you really messed yourself up last night. You were in part, ashamed you'd underestimated the influence of a little booze.

Hmm.

Last night. Last night. Last night...not much. You tried to pull together information on it, but the last thing you conceivably remember is meeting a red-haired man. You can't recall his face, nor do you remember asking for his name. You're unable to even recall his personality and demeanor. The one thing that stuck with you was the fact he left you with an ample piece of advice.

...What was it again, though?

You groan at the misfortune of having lost this information.

While you were trying to piece everything together, you hear a muffled CHK sound from the living room of your apartment. Confusion hits you as you very swiftly force yourself up from your bed. You inelegantly trip over yourself to get to your drawer and fumble around for a pocket knife.

You muttered "Good. Found it." upon your hand making contact with the weapon. Even with your vision a bit blurry and your sense of balance off, you stumbled around to open your bedroom door to check on what you heard from the other room.

At last, with great effort, you finally turned the knob and found the perpetrator instantly.

"..."

You were completely and utterly dumbfounded.

"Hey, there, (Y/n)~ How's it going~???"

You quickly shut your door.

No way that 'THING' is in here- No. Freaking. Way.

You toss your knife to the side. You heard nothing earlier you try to tell yourself. Nobody's here. That sound? Who knows? You're probably just a little delulu today!

You open the door right back up again, to be greeted with a smile and a wave.

"Sooooo, what's for breakfast???"

No, no, no, no. Dream world? Narnia? Getting Isekai'd? You'd take anything but THIS. Why must the world be cruel this way...

Dazai sat down on the couch you often knocked out on. It was a somewhat old looking couch, but you could tell he quite made himself home on it. In his hand was a book that seemed a bit familiar to you.

"HelloooooOoo? Earth to (Y/n)? HellOOOOoooOoo-"

You realized just how many seconds had passed since you acknowledged Dazai's presence in front of you.

"Dazai, is that actually you?"

"Oh, no way. It's Chuuya. I'm just a short little red-head with a stupid little-"

"Okay, okay, Dazai landing confirmed."

Fine. You accept it. Dazai's here...crashing at your place. Oh god you really need to figure out what happened at Lupin last night. There's just one too many questions you have with this 'discovery.'

"Not to skip over greetings and such but to be fair, what the heck are you doing here, Dazai?"

A playful grin takes over Dazai's face.

"Hmmm~ Let's see." He puts on a whole charade to look as if he were thinking this over very carefully. "Man, what a shame. I can't seem to remember. What am I doing here, indeed?"

"What. Are you joking?"

"Of course I am ;)."

"For goodness sake then what are you doing here?..."