A Little Ordinary

Tick. Tick. Tick. Tick.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

Tick. Tick.

Tick.

...

Yup. You're really bored now. Actually, you realize you get bored a little too easily. All you can hear is the imaginary clock in your head waiting to alarm at your notice if anyone dangerous.

You lean against the pale walls of the hospital, glancing around at all the different signs and the different people here. It's not that busy, but the atmosphere is very much bustling.

Passing by first, you see a nurse in maroon-colored scrubs. She's not that big or tall, but she's wearing an unmistakable look of competence and drive. Her dark shirt seems to have a large coffee stain and she's walking very speedily. Your guess: Just got off her lunch break.

You see another person pass by, this time, a visitor. A sticky name tag is posted on the wool cardigan they're wearing. It reads 'Jan." Most likely, they're a person born outside of Japan. Perhaps a tourist? Hmm...Of course it's still possible they're a resident that just happens to have a Western name...

You contemplate that and other random things for a bit to kill some time. For the next 10 minutes, you just stand there, watching people pass you by. Surprisingly, nobody acknowledges you there. All of the employees seem to be in a rush, quickly getting to their stations and everything. Visitors, on the other hand, are too concerned with checking on their loved ones to care about questioning your idling.

Intrigued, you decide to make a small game of your observations; You decide to try your hand at guessing the lives of the people that walk past you. A person comes in a dark school uniform? Must be from that middle school near HQ. Perhaps she's here for her mother or father. A person with a briefcase? He must be a savvy businessman. Likely has good life insurance...ahem. See a little boy crying in the corner? Kid's definitely lost. Okay, well, anyone can probably guess that, but looks like he's clutching a paper in his hand...Oh shoot. A will maybe??? Yikes...

You keep up that game for a little while longer. Despite the entertainment it's giving you, there's still some benefit to this: This way, you stay vigilant to those around you. Well...theoretically at least...

Dazai seemed very confident about the things he'd figured out. Particularly, he's expecting a stealth ability user? If that's the case, you're a little concerned whether your people watching will be enough to detect them...

You decide to reposition yourself from leaning on the wall to leaning on the door of Fujiwara. As you shift your weight into the door, you feel the cool surface of the dried paint over it with your hand. At least by covering the door, the assailant won't get past you unnoticed. If anyone tries to get in...force is the only response waiting.

Silently, you mull over several different possible plans of action. How you'll attack. How you'll apprehend. If you'll kill. All these questions run like a train through your head. Perhaps a good course of action would be-

"Pardon me." A voice speaks, and you raise your eyes to look at the person whom has approached you. Your guard instantly goes up at the sudden interaction. You cease leaning on the door and straighten your posture.

In front of you stands a beautiful young woman: Midnight-colored hair and rubies for eyes. She has these glossy, tired eyes and a weary expression, but most notably, she's wearing a pale hospital gown and one of those thick, white hospital bands on her right hand.

"Hm? What do you need, ma'am? How can I help you?"

"Uhm...You're a doctor, right?" She says. You gulp slightly.