Long Insomnia

Heka woke up and felt confused a bit. It was obvious that he was at the mall. At that moment, he was standing opposite the man who was pushing him. But he was in a room suddenly.

He also realized that he was lying. His eyes looked around. There were two people on his right side who were also lying down. This made him sure that he was in the hospital. Unfortunately, he didn’t know why.

In his mind full of questions. “Why am I here? What exactly happened? Then where was that boy?” Then he heard a familiar voice.

“Heka, finally you wake up. You had to sleep. It has been more than twelve hours. Uncle and aunty are on the outside. They are chatting with their grandparents and I don’t know who he is. But I heard that his grandson was also there. His room is next door. Do you need help to call uncle and aunty?”

The voice turned out to be his cousin, Navi. He was busy and enjoying the games on his phone. But he also realized that Heka had woken up.

Then Heka got up and said, “No need.” He looked at the windows. The weather outside was very bright and sunny. Then he got out of bed and walked to the balcony, leaving his little brother, who was busy with his games.

While he was enjoying the warmth of the morning sun, suddenly his eyes fell in one direction that might be the answer to what really happened.

The boy who was with him yesterday was sitting on the balcony next door. He was reading a book. Although yesterday was very dazzling, Heka could clearly see that person’s face.

Heka looked at him carefully. He felt sure that that person was the boy who was suddenly in front of him yesterday. His body looked very weak and powerless.

He really hoped that the boy realized that he was watching him. At that time he would approach him. But then his mother came. Then he woke up from his daydream.

“I feels glad that you’re okay, my dear. The doctor said if you just slept. Your sleep was very long last night. I hope this is a sign that you can sleep regularly for this night, the next and forever.”

His mother realized that he had been watching the boy on the balcony next door. Then she explained the person’s condition, “The boy is also just conscious. He had a tumor on his neck. He was in a coma for two days after surgery. Do you know him?”

”No.” Heka replied.

There was something strange. He was very sure that the person on the balcony was the boy from yesterday. This was all so unreasonable and unbelievable.

“Just for one night there were so many things happening. And there was no sense. Should I find it out or just let go.”

All of that was very confusing and annoying for Heka. It was because for the first time he had experienced something that had really no sense.

****

Heka was in the hospital. He focused on his laptop. His occupation is transcriber.

Even though he was in the hospital, he only focused on his job. Because of that, it was the only thing that could distract him from all the things that made him bothered. Even though all of that was haunted in his mind. But at least there was something that made him forget it. It was even for a moment.

His job as a transcriber was indeed very suitable for him. His bad insomnia was the only reason behind it. He can rarely fall asleep and it had been some years. So he had a long time at night.

Meanwhile, being a transcriber is more than a full-time job. The important thing for a transcriber is to be able to complete it according to the deadline.