Chapter Four : Bonfire

Stefan stood in Iseul's living room, playing with Fenrir, moving one of his feather toys, meanwhile, Iseul was putting food in Fenrir's bowls, placing three of them around the house, and one inside her room. Once she was done, she watched Stefan and Fenrir with amusement " Ready? " She called out, making Stefan stop, and nod, Stefan crouched down and gave Fenrir a chin rub, creating small purrs " Bye, Fenrir "

Iseul moved forward, crouching down and running her fingers down his back " I'll see you later " She muttered, as Fenrir rubbed his head on her palm. And then the vampire and the demon were out.

" You look nice " Stefan complimented as they walked down the stairs, Iseul narrowed her eyes at him, she wore normal clothes, black denim shorts, a white t-shirt, and top black and white converse " Thanks, it's not much- " Once they were outside, Iseul gritted her teeth " Are you cold? " He asked but she shook her head and warmed herself with her powers.

" I'll be fine "

The car ride to the party was not awkward, The Smiths drowned their ears, and both of them were humming to the music. They didn't speak because they didn't need to, the silence between them was calming.

" Be careful- " Iseul warned him " Damon will be here soon, so be careful " Immediately, Stefan tensed, curling his fist " Don't worry about it, have fun, kiss Elena, I don't know " Stefan blushed, pushing her shoulder making her let out a small laugh.

" Just admit it, Elena " Bonnie's voice flew into their ears.

" Oh, okay, so he's a little pretty, but I'm pretty sure he has a thing with Iseul "

Iseul raised an eyebrow and glanced at Stefan who didn't look at her but she could see red against his cheekbones which made her snicker slightly.

She shook her head " I'll see you later " She muttered before walking away, blowing out a breath, trying to not eavesdrop on anyone, suddenly a red cup was thrust in front of her " Beer? " The familiar voice of Matt Donovan seeped into her ears, she looked up, moved back, and smiled " Uh, I'm not a beer girl. More so a Sake— Japanese alcohol, or Maekju— Korean beer type of girl, I don't do American Beer but thanks "

Matt nodded, moving the beer cup from her face and setting it down " How are you doing? New town and everything " Iseul licked her lips, nodding " All good, people are friendly here- " She let out a tiny laugh.

" You'll have to get used to it. Everyone in this town is friendly, sometimes they fake it- " He shrugged giving her a small smile, his eyes instinctively going behind her, and she turned around, her eyes going to Elena and Stefan, Iseul turned to Matt " I'll have to get used to gossip as well. I've been hearing you and Elena have a past, It must be hard seeing her with him "

Matt looked at Iseul, sadness in his eyes " She deserves happiness, even if it isn't with me " She gave him a soft look, and nodded, not knowing want to say. Iseul didn't know how to comfort people but she did always try her best so she patted his arm " Happiness is rare, no one is ever happy and if they're, most of the time they're lying- " She smiled and her smile fell when Matt looked at her weirdly.

" Happiness is rare - " He repeated her words slowly as if the thing to understand " Do you not believe in happiness, Iseul? Are you not happy yourself? "

Iseul opened her mouth and shut up, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion, she scratched the back of her neck " Uh, I'm not sure what happiness feels like anymore. The last time I was happy was with my father, my happiness disappeared that night "

Matt opened his mouth to speak but Iseul cleared her throat, muttered a goodbye, and left him alone. She moved towards Stefan and Caroline, and she chose to eavesdrop " Hey! There you are. Have you been down to the Falls yet? Because they are cool at night and I can show you if you want "