1_9

Ms. Spacely cleansed her aura. Stanley tried to feed off of the negativity and blackness staining her soul.

None of it helped, so she treated herself to two milkshakes. Today it was going to take a passion fruit and a razzy blueberry peanut butter milk shake.

She didn't need her crow to tell her something was off. Not just with her, but with the day. She had a bad feeling, so after her milkshakes she went to visit Daniel Logan, but he wasn't in need of her and seemed to be in good spirits.

After cleaning his gutters, she was blessed to hear about some of his life. It's a memory she'll always cherish even if the story was about the time him and a buddy of his killed a Jiafei and ate it to see if it really tasted like dog.

It wasn't until he saw her tears that he remembered she was against the practice of killing and eating anything with a soul. Especially magical creatures.

She adored the story he told her about the time he fell in love with a kelpie only to find out she was only allowed to be in human form twenty-four hours a month. They didn't have a happy ever after story because eventually they grew apart, but Daniel Logan remembered his time with her fondly.

When she left, she truly did feel blessed to have this alone time with him, but that didn't help with the bad feeling in the pit of her stomach.

Something was wrong.

Conway delved for trouble but found none.

Then she made the mistake of getting too close to him. It took almost an hour before she could pull herself away from him.

It was so embarrassing.

Her only saving grace is that he was strong enough to handle it. He also handled her being all over him, but all she could keep remembering was when he mentioned how strong a child of their union would be.

Disgusted and defeated, she went home and took a long shower. Put on her coziest gown and grabbed a book. The book Arabella gave her. Might as well get some romance and learn something while she was at it.

Page thirteen held promise, but she couldn't concentrate.

So instead, she concentrated on the feeling in the pit of her stomach. She let it grow and spread. Pain pierced her heart. Vallen.

Whatever was wrong, it was Vallen. She called to him and when he ignored her, she said a spell, calling him to her, but she couldn't wait for that.

He might need her.

Saying a spell, the Latin coming to her naturally, she called on all her magic and she demolished the spell that was keeping her from his side.

Another spell sent her to him.