T.e.n.

His arm was mangled and barely attached, so he kept it down at his side. He could heal fast, but nearly severed body parts took longer.

He looked at his two pack members so he could judge their moods. Mercy couldn't care less about political bullshit, and she was waiting for his orders. She was only here because she was his first in command now.

A job she relished, so she was sitting through this meeting even though she'd rather be anywhere else.

Cato has never wanted that job. He was happy enough with fewer responsibilities and he was only here to support Vallen if it was needed.

The Bloodstone pack had some concerns. About him and his father. Now that his father was taking more of an active role in the pack, they didn't like how he was conducting business.

It was laughable how many secret meetings they've been having.

Wade thought he'd be upset about their stand against his father. Vallen wasn't sure how he felt about it for a lot of reasons, but none of them had to do with what Wade was worried about.

Wade was worried Vallen thought that the pack was turning against him too. When in fact, they haven't made up their minds about him yet.

He'd known the transition from one alpha to another alpha would take some work. Would take some loss of life.

The stand against his father that the pack was making was the same stand he planned on taking as soon as he was their alpha.

His father was getting no say. If it wasn't for Cato's mate, he wouldn't be getting any right now. Not from him.

He understood what the pack was trying to do. They were finding out where he stood while they still had time to decide if they were for him or against him.

The pack was going to be his. No one here was strong enough to stand in his way, so to be against him meant they needed to be out of here before he turned eighteen.

Rogue was never a good thing for a wolf. Rogue wolves were hardly ever accepted back into a pack. They're considered little more than traitors. That didn't mean some wouldn't leave.

He couldn't care less. He'd build his pack on the backs of lone wolves with no pack if he had to.

Survivors.

He'd take one rogue over thirty of these damn family men any day.

They fight dirty and will stab you in the back if they get the chance, but at least they can usually fucking fight.

That was more than he could say about most of these fucking sorry excuses.

He had no problem voting to stand against his father. He's always planned on it, but he needed more time.

They were not ready for a war against his father yet.

He didn't care about their secret meetings. He didn't even care that none of them were loyal to him.

All of that would change when he was alpha.

Most of the pack was looking at him now. All of them wondering if he differed from his father.

They only thought they knew his father. They really thought they could stand against him, and he wouldn't war against them just because he didn't live here.

He knew better.

And it was time these people knew what it was going to mean to have him as alpha.

Mercy stood, and everyone quietened quickly.

They wanted to know what changes he was going to make. He was going to change everything.

He didn't bother standing or raising his voice. "You're upset because my father wants the death of the were child and the witch. I promise if you stand against him, by the time he's done with all of you, you'll be gift wrapping the child and the witch to give to him."

"He never bothered us. Not till you came." Yelled an old man from the back of the room.

If one of his father's pack members dare to speak to him, he'd sentence them to death. Only an elected few were allowed to talk to him, and no one was ever allowed to question him.

He damn sure never had meetings so he could find out how the pack felt.

Vallen looked at Wade. He was a strong, just alpha. He believed everyone should have a say.

Vallen wasn't going to be that kind of alpha.

He wouldn't be questioned.

He didn't order the death of the man in the back, even though Mercy was hoping he did, so he wasn't like his father either.

And he wasn't their alpha yet.

"He was here nine years ago. I wasn't. Can someone remind me how that visit went?" Vallen eyed the room.

Wade held his hand up before anyone else could say something. "We know him to be cruel and unforgiving. We bared it because we didn't have to face it often. I am Alpha and this is my pack. These lands are yours, and your great grandfather made sure we could never be cast out. We put up with your father being a regional leader. We hid our women and children when he visits knowing it wouldn't be for long. We are asking if you will stand with us or against us."

"I believe the question you should ask is, will you stand with me or against me?"