Chapter 17(a)

If you guys are confused about the above this chapter is coming in 4 parts and each is a different entry in Alessia's diary that Yemisi reads.
I give you Entry 1 that entails the events of Chapter 2 in Alessia's POV
___________________________________________

Monday 14th of March 2023

Dear Diary,

Today was kind of the worst and best day. You know I said I'd confess my feelings to Ayo today? I had almost gotten there, butterflies fluttering in my stomach like trapped birds.

"Hi Ayo," I greeted, my voice a touch squeakier than usual.

He turned to look at me, a smile already forming on his lips. My heart did a little victory dance. Just as he was about to reply, the school doors whooshed open, momentarily silencing the classroom.

In walked a vision.

Average height, yes, but her long, curly hair cascaded down her back in a way that seemed to defy Nigerian humidity. Pretty? Definitely.

But what truly struck me was the undeniable resemblance. She looked… like me. Like a half-caste, just like me.

The class held its breath for a beat before the usual cacophony resumed. I whipped back towards Ayo, determined to confess before this newcomer stole his attention.

But it was too late. His gaze was fixed on her, his jaw slightly slack, eyes following her every move with an intensity that left a cold knot tightening in my gut.

Fury bubbled up, hot and unwelcome. I slammed my book shut, the sound echoing in the sudden quiet. "This seat's taken," I spat, before the new girl even reached my row.

She blinked, confusion flickering across her face. It wasn't enough to deter her though. She started towards the next empty seat, only to be met with the same territorial declaration.

"That's what you get when you steal the attention from me," I hissed under my breath, a childish satisfaction warring with the gnawing jealousy in my chest.

"You can take mine," a voice cut through the tension. Ayodele. How dare he?

But before I could retort, Mr. Bello bustled in, effectively erasing any chance of a further confrontation. The new girl ended up sitting right behind me, her silence a stark contrast to the nervous fluttering in my stomach.

The introductions were excruciating. Pamela and Adediwura, ever the loyal gossipmongers, whispered about the "gold-digger woman" whose video was apparently all over the internet. The name clicked. Oluwayemisi Tricia Adekunle. It was the same woman Dad had… been seeing.

The revelation slammed into me like a rogue wave. This new girl, this intruder in my carefully constructed life, was my… half-sister?

A million questions swirled in my head, drowning out the rest of the introductions and Mr. Bello's droning lecture. How long had Dad known about her? Why hadn't he told me? And most importantly, what did her arrival mean for me?

A cold dread seeped into my bones. The deal I'd made with the "deal maker" – a desperate attempt to pass my upcoming exams – suddenly felt insignificant compared to the storm brewing on the horizon.

The bell jolted me back to reality. Packing my things, I stole a glance at Yemisi. Her head was bent low, a textbook clutched tightly in her hands.

A strange mix of emotions churned within me: anger, resentment, a flicker of curiosity. But one thing was certain – things were about to get a whole lot more complicated.

As I exited the classroom, a single thought echoed in my mind: Did Yemisi know? Did she know about Dad, about me?

___________________________________
Hope you guys enjoyed this entry
This are about to get bad
So Alessia found out first about her relationship with Yemisi which led to the bullying.
Much love 💕💕💕 to you guys for 800+ reads and as we expect Chapter 17b