103: Stringed Instrument Slasher

Start from the beginning

"Magic." I stated, making Siddiq snort. "It helps to have thick hair."

"Yeah, but how do you get them to stay in your hair and like not  accidentally cut it?" Luke asked me.

"Maybe I'll teach you if you ever grow your hair out long enough."

"I might need you to teach me that." I heard Magna mumble. 

"I can do that." I smirked at her. "Your hair looks long and thick enough."

"Sweet." Magna smiled back at me. "Does that mean I can have my knives back?"

"No." Michonne bluntly declined making me roll my eyes.

"Not yet." I answered the question a lot nicer than Michonne did. "You'll get them back though."

Siddiq then broke up our side conversation by speaking directly to Michonne. "Yeah, Nora likes them." He then smiled at me for a second before continuing to speak to my fathers wife. "But you do too." There was then a moment of silence before he smirked at her and used her own words against her. "I mean, I'm not hearing you deny it."

"Doesn't mean I trust them." Michonne stated after sighing.

We then heard the group arguing in the caravan next to us. And it had started with Magna complaining about us having her knives. I do understand why Michonne is cautious of these people, but if they were going to hurt us they would have already tried. Especially Magna who seems like she isn't afraid to kill anyone who's threatening her. Which is one of the reasons I like her.

The verbal altercation soon ended and Yumiko spoke to the three of us who aren't riding in the caravan. "Look, I'm sorry about Magna. She can be a bit hotheaded."

"That's one word for it." Michonne groaned before slightly glancing at me and continuing to reply. "But I know exactly what it's like traveling with someone who's like that."

"Hey!" I complained. "I'm not hot headed." I then sighed. "I'm just opinionated."

"Very opinionated." Theodore finally spoke up.

"You got something to say, kid?" I stared at my son who just kept quiet as he stared at me with his Dixon eyes. "No?"

"I like that you're opinionated Momma." Avalon said sucking up to me because she knows I'm still upset with her for jumping the wall with Judith.

"Oh yeah? Well, my opinion on you being grounded still isn't changing after this." I laughed when I heard her whine.

Yumiko then started talking again. "Magna's been on edge since we lost Bernie."

"Was he with you long?" Siddiq asked.

"Long enough." Yumiko admitted. "He loved getting under Magna's skin. He, um, used to wear this absolutely horrid shirt. It was like looking into creation itself. In paisley. God, it was horrendous. But Magna hated it. She said just looking at it gave her a migraine. So Bernie wore it every day for a week. Honestly, I think she came around on the shirt. Just like she came around on him."

"Like family." Michonne commented.

Yumiko then changed the topic not wanting to talk about her dead friend anymore. "This place Hilltop. It's safe?"

"It is." Michonne answered.

"What's it like?"

"It's been a while since I've been there." Michonne stated and it wasn't a lie. After everything happened with Jocelyn she wanted us to stop communications with the other communities and focus just on us. I refused, knowing that having these other communities is important.