the hangout hope

not proof read

a few days later.

y/n pov
monica was coming over tonight so when i greeted her i almost laughed at her bulging bag. she's the type of person who wants to have something for anything just in case.

"hey girls, i have a job for you if you want" sir said coming over to us since we were in the middle of art.

"the school wants a mural painted and you guys can help me if you want today, means you can get out of class possibly tomorrow too" he said keeping his voice quiet so no other students found out.

"of course" we agreed. who doesnt want to miss school.
so instead of going to science and maths and pe we sent our day painting walls talking and laughing.

at the end of the day we had paint stained on our hands and faces but it was fine. we walked to miss olsens classroom and rose was there. of course she was.

"hey girls" lizzie said before pulling a face at our painted appearances. she didn't say anything and we all followed her to the car.

rose got in the front while monica and i were in the back.
surprisingly we only dropped rose at her house before heading home. her family is honestly at our house more than not.

"i see you guys got busy today" she commented and we nodded and i started talking about the painting.

at home monica and i settled on the couch. as lizzie explained she needed to go run some errands.

"so what happened"
"while he was home or why i'm here"
"everything"

"well when he came back things were worse then they've ever been, then my mum came back for like a night and i was told i was going to live with her. then dad kicked me out but said if i don't come back the next day he's would kill mattie, and then lizzie found me almost overd- uh just like out on a walk and got me to go home with her. but then there was police at my house because mattie managed to call the cops and dad walked out holding a gun to his head" i took a breath and monica was completely speechless.

"and then mattie managed to run from him and now he's gone for good. lizzie said she's happy to take us"

she brought me into a hug and we both knew i didn't need her to say anything.
she held me tightly, her arms spreading warmth into my skin.

she ran a hand up and down my back i tried to pull my jumper to stay down but she had already seen my back.

the bruises the welts everything. "honey have you iced this or anything. she said since my back was honestly still swollen and red.

"it's fine" i shrugged. but she wouldn't take that for an answer and i showed her to the kitchen. i took my jumper off my back keeping it around my arms as she placed a cold ice pack on my back.

it helped the pain and i know i should've done this sooner. i kept moving it around my back until it was no longer cold.

the front door opened and lizzie walked in with a few shopping bags and mattie.
"your very pretty" he said coming up to stand infront of monica. i forgot they hadn't met.

"oh sweetheart" lizzie said coming over to me as my jumper was still up. i quickly dropped it.

lizzie's pov.
i picked up mattie and we went to do some food shopping and stuff like that. i wanted to get the kids some better blankets since i really only had some basic ones for the guest rooms and it was getting colder now.

after going running around the shops for only an hour we started to head back.
i walked into my house and saw the girls in the kitchen. as i went to set the grocery's down though i saw y/ns back full of bruises again. except they were all different colours than last time.

when she noticed she dropped her jumper and hopped of the chair to put the ice back in the freezer.
i wish she would tell me if she needed something or if something was wrong.

mattie had brought in the pizzas i had bought for dinner. i figured we could have more of an early dinner and some snacks later or something.

i really hope i'm getting this parenting thing right. i don't really know what i'm doing but i'm figuring it out as i go and as long as the kids are safe and happy i'm okay with not knowing.

the kids thanked me for dinner and we all sat around the dining table. they seemed happy. i hope they're happy.