mattie

3rd person pov

monica leads y/n back through the school to ashtons car where he was waiting scrolling on his phone. "well if it isnt my favourite sister" he said leaning off the car and getting in the drivers side.

"im your only sister" monica rolls her eyes helping y/n into the back seat. she didn't really lean back against the seat as it hurt her back but once monica got in she leaned against her. 

"i meant y/n" ashton said pulling out of the school. monica rolls her eyes again gently scratching y/ns scalp. "im just going to run in and grab some snacks for the boys tonight you rats want anything" he said pulling into the parks outside the grocer near y/ns house.

"get me that fruit bowl thing from the fridge and a iced tea." monica ordered. "y/n honey, do you want anything" monica asked seeing y/n almost asleep again. 

"im okay thanks tho" she responded, monica held up 2 fingers to tell ashton to just get 2 of what she wanted but him being the dumbass he is had no idea and it went to alot of mouthed arguments till he figured it out and left.

meanwhile y/n was thinking of things back home. its not like she had a neglectful abusive childhood just absent? she would say. her mum left when she was young sick of how her dad acted and how he wasted money. so she was out of the picture and her dad was always working so she rarely felt connected to him. they never had sit down chats or anything like that. 

she saw him for a couple minutes a day that was it they were more like roommates. of course they tried to be more father daughtery but it was always awkward. now the kid was there and she saw her father acting completely different to him than he did her. 

was she just not enough for him? not what he wanted? it was all so confusing. but then ashton came back and snapped her out of her thoughts. 

lizzies pov

after monica and y/n left i stood in my classroom thinking about the poor girl. what happened to make her flinch when her friend touched her back. and why does she apologise so much. not that its bad just different. shortly after another blond walks into my classroom. 

"hey rose sorry, im about to leave" i snapped from my thoughts. 

"nah your good. is my mother meeting at yours so we can help you finish unpacking" i nodded. i was almost done and many hands make light work. 

when we got home scarlett was there with an 8 year old cosmo glued to his ipad. scarlet only just got him his own since he needed one for school but other than that she would just let him use hers. 

"afternoon my sweet girl" she pulls rose who was already her mums hight in for a hug. "how was work liz" scar said bringing me in for a hug after.

"calm, what about you" i asked letting them all into my house. just as they stepped in i notice a car pulling into y/ns house. monica helps her out and makes sure she gets to the door before knocking on the door for her. 

no one answers but there was 2 cars in the driveway she fishes through her bag for a key and lets herself in waving to the siblings. 

i walk into my house closing the door to see rose looking for some food cosmo was on my couch and scarlett was having a drink telling me about her day at the office. 

-----------

"so do you have a favourite student yet" scarlett quizzes as she was helping me unpack the rest of clothes. 

"i can't pick favourites scar" i rolled my eyes but she just nagged me. "fine whos your favourite child" that made her quiet.

"yeah mum whos your favourite" rose said coming in to lean on the doorframe taking her headphones off. scarlett makes a face and doesnt answer. i know she has one tho. 

"thats what i thought" 

y/n pov

i walked into the house drained from the day to see the rest of the family on the couches watching trolls. my step brother listening intently in pj mask pyjamas. "hi" i greet tiredly going down the hall to my room

"not so fast sloberbitch" my dad laughs beckoning me back to the lounge room. 

"i have work to do" i said planning on grabbing my art stuff and going to work on some things. i should do things for my other subjects but i just don't have the energy.

"if your going out take your brother, you need to get to know eachother" he said pointing to the boy who sat next to him. 

i took a deep breath closing my eyes forcing a tight lipped smile. "okay fine. we leave in 10 minutes, okay kid" i smile he nods enthusiastic about whatever going to put his shoes on not bothered to get out of his sleep wear. 

as soon as i get back to my room i close the door sliding down the back of it. it hurt but i didn't care. i gave myself a minute to compose my thoughts before standing up and collecting my things stuffing them in a bag. aswell as that im grabbing a box of childrens crayons and a spare sketch book i had a couple years ago. 

i grab a blanket and meet the boy at the door. "we will be back a 7" i shout out leading the boy out the door. he walks next to me staring at his shoes very quiet. "whats your name kid" i felt bad i didn't know his name. since i was going to be living with him i should probably know his name. 

"matthew" he said quietly swinging his arms by his sides. "i already know your name, its very pretty" 

"thank you matthew" i smiled. we come to a set of traffic lights the only ones before walking through the forest a bit out to the other side of town where the bridge is. no one comes to my spot. 

"you can call me mattie" he said as he fiddled with his hands. the light went green and i could tell he was nervous about crossing the road. 

i grabbed his hand he looked at me with a smile. huh well that was easy. we walk across the road and off into a desire path in the woods. 

"where are we going?" mattie question

"my special spot, its where i go to think and draw" i explained squeezing his hand and helping him over a tree that had fallen over

"why are you taking me there then, i dont want to intrude in your space" he whispered jumping over a hole in the path. 

"your smart mattie, but i dont know why, no one else has gone there with me" i shrugged. he nodded. and we finally got to the spot 

"wow"

a/n

school can shove a pen so far up its arse it comes out its nose. ffs imma murder someone