thats not happening

or should i sat regained consciousness. my head bobbed to the side as i saw my dad get up and leave my room.

i can watch him walk away through my open door. he pauses for a second going over the the table and scraping some stuff together with a credit card. wonderful.

mattie comes down the hallway at the same time.
"out of my way boy" my father said shoving him aside so hard he fell over with a thud.

mattie got up and ran the last little way to my room. he hugged me, it hurt but he needed the hug just as much  as i did.

"just turn around for a second mattie" i said as i grabbed my shorts back from the floor. after the boy sat across from me on my bed. fresh bruises on his face and arm.

"i didn't want to get pulled out of school" he said looking around the room. "but your gonna tell lizzie and she's gonna save us right?"

"mattie i don't think i can, but until i figure out what to do when i'm at school do as they say or hide in my wardrobe. got it." he nodded understanding the consequences.

mattie fell back asleep laying ontop of my bed but i couldn't fall asleep.

monday morning
3rd person pov

by the time y/n was getting up for school she was robotic. she hasn't said anything to anyone yesterday. the girl responded with nods when asked to do something. her whole body hurt from everything and she had to walk to school.

y/n stood infront of the bathroom mirror applying makeup wherever a bruise was visable. mattie and his mother were in the kitchen eating the breakfast she made for them.

with an expressionless face she waited for her step mother to unlock the front door before leaving.

the sun was bright and the air was way to hot for the layers she was forced to wear.
it took her 40 minutes to walk to school and by that time she made it just before the first bell.

"hey honey" monica said walking up beside her. the girl jumped at her presence far more than she used to which made monica worried.
"you okay?" she then asked only to revive a nod.

the girl stopped moving and pulled y/n into the empty toilets. "talk to me" she said holding her hands.

"monica i'm fine" y/n said glancing at the bathroom mirror to make sure the bruises were well covered.

her dads words had finally sunk in that she didn't need help. she was lucky to have a roof over her head and that was enough. she doesn't need anything else.

"you look pale"
"new foundation" the bell went meaning she couldn't really ask any other questions as they headed opposite directions for maths.

y/n had fallen asleep in all her classes so far but next was english with miss olsen.

like usual the woman was stood outside the classroom greeting her students. y/n went to give her a small smile and walk straight in but the teacher wanted to talk to her. 

"good morning y/n/n" she greeted analysing the teen for her odd behaviour.

"good morning miss olsen" she said nodding in recognition and walking to her seat. lizzie didn't know what to do but walked into the class closing the door and starting to teach.

y/n actually did her work for once. she didn't draw or anything her book was perfectly neat. miss olsen was handing out their assignment results. the teen had gotten a b- which no doubt because of the help she got from lizzie.

"speeches will start next week, if your not comfortable with that you can either record it and send it to me or do it in a lunch break" she explained starting to make the random list of who's going when.

at the end of class y/n went up to miss olsen.
"do you know how i can change subjects?" she asked which surprised the teacher not expecting that to be the question.

"yeah talk to the head of year, what classes do you want to change?"

"i need to change art to modern history" she said thanking her.

"but you love art"
"it's not useful, i need to bring my grades up"

lizzie's pov
that doesn't sound like y/n. art is the one thing she genuinely enjoys doing. walking around class i even noticed her books had no drawings on them.

she's been acting weird all day and not just to me. i saw her and monica earlier. and she was off around her too.

i bet this has to do with her dad. he's probably making her do this without considering what she even likes.

luckily for me i'm subbing at the primary school tomorrow so hopefully i can find mattie and he will tell me everything.

but right now it was break time so i went over to mr arnetts class.
"hi robbie" i smiled seeing him sat as his desk.

"hey liz" he smiled back as i took a seat across from him. we exchanged a short conversation as he starts talking about his students.

"about that, y/n wants to leave art and do history"
"what?"

"yeah she asked me for the subject change today" i said having some of my lunch.

"but she's my star student. the tallent that girl has is incredible. are you sure it's not her parents, cause they tried this a couple years ago but she told me and i informed her parents subject changes were closed" 

i'm glad we both didn't believe her. i may have only known her for a bit but come on. it's y/n.

the bell went again so i left his class to return to mine.

y/n pov
i walked into probably my last art class. my dad doesn't know how much money this has made me. hell i left my awards at lizzie's house in a box under my bed so he wouldn't find them.

but i have to do what he says. he knows what's best for me.