the police are coming

before we start i know this probably wouldnt happen in real life but its for the plot okay besties. 

no ones pov

3:37pm. that's the time everyone in the neighborhood heard the famous police sirens echoing down the street. 3 squad cars and an ambulance pulled up outside the y/l/n residence. curious neighbors came out of their houses to see what was happening. 

3 police officers approached the door banging loudly. "police open up! come on (a dads name idk) we know your there mate" they yelled banging at the door again. a second later the door swung open revealing a very scared mattie. he had a large bruise on his arm but you could barely see it from his shirt sleeve. 

"oh hey kid, do you know this man" a male police officer named joseph knelt down to the boys height and showed him a photo of y/ns father. he silently nodded and opened the door a big more to point to the man sleeping on the couch. the 3 officers walked into the house as others followed to clear the space. 

"why dont you come with me buddy" a female officer offered. mattie being scared took the ladys hand and followed her out to one of the squad cars. while he was walking out of the house the little boy made eye contact with a certain green eyed brunette. 

miss olsen tilted her head in confusion as the woman had just gotten home herself and saw this situation.  she had started to take a step across the street to y/ns house when mattie ran from the police officer over to her. 

"lizzie! can you help y/n please"

-----------------

back in the house the police were taking photos and treating the place like a crime scene. its obvious how this house was an unsafe environment for kids with the alcohol bottles, broken glass, and over all mess. one of the male officers nudged y/ns father awake. the man woke up with a furious expression and punched the first thing he saw which unlucky for him was the police officer. 

suddenly two other officers had his arms behind his back. the 3 took notice of the red look in his eyes and the white powder on his nose and fingers. they all nodded to each other and forced the other man to his feet. 

"mr y/l/n, have you been openly taking illegal substances" the officer received a no answer from the man. they asked a few more questions but only received grunts. "im sorry sir but you have to go back to rehab, and you loose custody temporarily of y/n" this had all happened before. one more strike and he would loose full custody and go to jail. 

"joseph come see this" one of the other police officers said. he was lead to the back of the house where y/ns room was. while they were searching the house they found the girl curled up passed out in her wardrobe. 

if you were to look at her you would see nothing out of the ordinary, messy hair and pajamas yes but under a lot of makeup her body was riddled with bruises. she was hiding in the wardrobe since early yesterday to tired to get up and leave and to scared to leave this house. 

"hey kiddo" joseph put his hand on y/ns shoulder gently shaking her awake. the girl opened her eyes and flinched at the touch. he removed his hand and backed up a little. "i hate to see you again like this" he said. joesph was the officer who came to her house last time. last time however she was only 9. 

y/n didnt say anything. she couldnt. with the help of the police officers she got out of the small space and fell over as she had been sitting for so long her legs didnt want to work. joesph wrapped her arm over his shoulders and walked out of the house. 

she saw her father and step mother being shoved into the back of one of the cop cars and getting driven off without a word. she next made eyecontact with mattie who was holding onto lizzies hand the female officer standing with them. 

mattie ran over to y/n and hugged her. she bent down and hugged him before letting go and sitting on the grass. paramedics slowly approached the two kids and took them to the back of the ambulance to get checked up on. after all the call was for abuse. 

y/n kept saying she was clumsy but mattie spilled. it was lucky he only knew some of what happened. the same 3 officers came back to the siblings with the same looks y/n knew to well. 

"Ms Streep?" y/n croaked knowing that she was the only person to take her in when she had to stay with someone. 

"sorry y/n Meryl is in greece right now. but your other neighbour Elizabeth olsen has offered to take you guys in, we have already run a background check and this one seems pretty fond of her already" he said pointing to mattie who was being rewarded with a lollypop. 

y/n just nodded and continued lying about her physical health to the paramedic. she claimed she was fine and didnt need help. 

y/n pov

well shit. 

i am going to kill whoever called the cops. 

using joes help i walked over to where lizzie was getting interviewed by the female police officer. i think her name was olivia, or like mia something. we made eye contact but i immediately looked away. this is all so embarrassing. 

everyone started to leave now that the show was over so i tried to walk back into my house to get some things but my arm was grabbed by joe. "you cant go in there alone" he said. 

"why, its my house" i coughed squinting my eyes at him. he followed me in and i walked to my room grabbing all my art shit, my school bag and some clothes. i collected my things from the bathroom before grabbing some of matties things and putting them in his spiderman backpack. that kid is obsessed i swear.

once everything is sorted everyone leaves and im left standing outside of my teachers house. how wonderful.