Chapter: Resilience

Začať od začiatku

"We will do what we have to to bring judgement. And that's all you need to think about, any objections to that?" Kronii brushed Mumei off, gently, mind you.

The lack of response gave the warden the answers she needed before quietly leaving the room.

Despite her demeanor now, the other council members never once took a sour impression of Kronii's attitude when it came to official business. They don't want to admit it but someone has to actually do the job they're meant to and unlike Bae who is actually the head of the council, Kronii takes greater initiative in keeping their dignity as the council of concepts high. After all, to remain perfect you must keep your roots perfect as well, and that includes her position.

As the Warden struts her way down to the main hall, she's surprised to be met with the sound of the door bell. Curious, she found herself nearing the main door and just an inch away from the knob.

"Ah, no no! For security reasons, we'll be the ones to open the door miss Kronii." Runa hasted towards her.

"Oh, alright but I don't really mind..."

"Cyrus, open up!"

A pitched, annoyed voice yelled from the other side of the door. This tone made Kronii raise her hand and stop Runa from coming any closer.

"I know you're already there, M told me it's pretty much your job to answer the door!"

...

"Cyrus!!" The bell rang again. "It's Claire, just come on already!"

"Interesting..."

°

°

°

"The guards were right!"
"It really is her! She's returned!"
"Why and how is she back...?! What does this mean for the royal family?"
"Her presence can only mean one thing!"

These were the words that fell into the girls that walked with the proud general down the large street. They were traversing through a market place and it was there did Myth finally notice their looming suspicions.

The people around them...they had electronics.

Some were holding out mobile devices to take pictures of the girls, others were simply making transactions in the markets. Even the spears used by the guards were made up of metallic materials and managing to shoot lasers?

"We've stumbled upon Sci-fi land if I've ever seen one." Calli whispered to the girls.

"It's amazing isn't it? When I was last here, we only had landline and that was a few thousand years before landline was invented by humans!" Gura jumped.

"Do they have Twitter here?"
"Please no."

Amelia looked around at the fascinated eyes staring at them as they make way through the streets and chuckled.

"How do you resemble these people at all? Most of them look like they were inspired from the Zelda games."

"Okay, first of all, chill. Second, atlanteans are a diverse population and the family I belonged to came from the sea itself."

"The royal family is the reason these beings of different origins can come together and exist in peace, their presence is what gave these lands it's legacy and we will forever cherish it." Dru said as he triumphly marched on.

...

"By the way! Dru!" Gura yelled. "There's something we need to do first."

"What is it?"