6 ●○► DECISION

CHAPTER SIX

●○► DECISION

“Are you out of your mind?” I demand. “Don’t you know that she hates me?”

Kate purses her lips, rolling her eyes. “Think, Mary. Think. Does she know me?”

“No,” I say, pausing for a second. “What’s the connection?”

“Think again. You see, Jamela doesn’t know me. And when I ask her about it, we’ll know when Kevin will turn to you.”

“I think that’s a good idea, Kate,” comments Janine. “I cast my vote to agree.”

Janine raises her hand high, grinning at us.

“Me too,” says Beth after a while. “Jamela needs to taste her own medicine.”

“Woah,” I bark. “Don’t say you’re still going to punch her, Beth.”

She shakes her head. “I won’t.”

I nod my head. “Okay. Promise me that.”

“Promise.” Then she smiles.

Janine puts her hand down, her eyes looking at Heather, who hasn’t cast her vote yet. Is it really needed to? When they can do it all alone? I guess Heather doesn’t have to vote to agree with Kate.

“Well, Jamela has seen me,” says Heather. “So, I won’t come. I will just hunt some guys.”

“You’re such a bitch, Heather,” says Kate. “But . . . can I come with you?”

“What?” Janine, Beth and I say altogether.

Kate’s decision to hunt some boys shocks everybody in the house. We never expect that she would also want to be complete. After all, the two has already been completed, and Kate was left untouched, still a virgin.

“I thought you—” says Beth.

But she never continues what she’d say because Kate snaps at her, “I change my mind.”

“You are so crazy, Kate,” says Janine. “All this time you are telling us you don’t want to have sex. And now you’re asking Heather if she wants you to come with her?”

“Girls, wait,” says Kate quickly. “I’m doing this because I envy you. I envy you and Beth.”

“It’s alright, Kate,” comforts Heather. “You can come with me.”

No one speaks in the next couple of minutes. And a thought suddenly pops inside my head.

“So we’re not doing our plan?” I ask. “I mean, the asking of Jamela’s expiration?”

All eyes look at me. “That thing is moved on next week,” replies Heather. “We’re gonna support our friend first.”

Heather smiles wickedly, her eyes looking at Kate.

“Are we going to do it now?” asks Kate. “Because, you know, I’m feeling so excited about it.”

“Don’t be, sweetie,” says Heather. “There’s a lot of option to choose from. Let’ go?”

Kate nods her head once. They stand up and walk directly to the door. They never look at us back. And Janine, Beth and I exchange glances of shock.

A moment passes. Kate and Heather disappear in our sights. They have gone to the lake. And I am sure they might have reached it already.

“Shall we?” asks Beth. “Let us see how Kate finds her boy.”

“I’m staying,” Janine announces. “I’m staying because my butt hurts. Sorry.”