𝟭𝟴 | 𝗿𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫❝ 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ❞✈ ✈ ✈

❝ 𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 ❞

✈ ✈ ✈

THE DUO RETURNED BACK TO THE HARD DECK AFTER THE SUN DISAPPEARED BEHIND THE SALTY WATER OF THE SEA.

They fell into conversation with their desperate groups once again, pretending like nothing had happened.

Both of them had this certain giddy feeling in their stomachs as they laughed and spoke with their friends. Occasionally, their eyes would find the other's, and they'd just hold their gaze until one of them pulled away.

They'd share clandestine smiles and glances at each other. Their faces shined with a unique glow once they'd made up about this, and they were glad they did. Everything was going back to how it was, and soon, Faith would reveal her feelings for Bradley.

Her conversation with Natasha, though, is broken when her phone vibrates in her pockets. 

Sarah.

The bar was noisy as always, so Faith had quickly informed Natasha about the call, and the other woman just nodded as she waved her off with a shrug and a mutter of, "Dude, it's your mom. Take it."

Faith presses her phone to her ear after she tapped the call button, calling again as she was unable to pick the call up Sarah had made before. She made her way out of the bar.

"Hey, Sarah." There's no reply for a few seconds.

And then, "Faith. It's Ice. You need to come home, right now." Her smile falls off her face, and her heart and stomach are thrown out for a toss off a high cliff.

Faith takes no more than five seconds to register what Sarah had just told her, even though it wasn't in depth. It wasn't what she said, but how Sarah said it. There was a depression in her usual sweet voice, and that scared Faith. She felt herself freeze as her mind races within.

"I- I'll be home within the hour, Sarah, I'm coming." The older woman barely speaks a word, humming as she tries to hold in a sob.

Faith rushes inside with extreme urgency to find her car keys and bag. Her fellow graduates watch her as she frantically searches for her car keys she'd placed on the bar counter. She could hear Penny speak, but she couldn't make anything out, except the sound of her ears ringing. The older woman places a hand on her shoulder in comfort, before helping Faith search for the keys.

Natasha walks over in long strides as she watches Faith search around in panic, handing the woman her purse she'd placed by the pool table when they'd began playing. Bradley sees her expression, and immediately stops his conversation with Fanboy, placing the half empty beer glass on the table before moving in his best friend's direction. He places a comforting hand on her shoulder as her hair falls into waves on it.