𝟮𝟮 | 𝗯𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗿𝗼𝗺 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗮𝘀𝘁

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫❝ 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭  ❞✈ ✈ ✈THE DUO OF CAPTAINS RODE DOWN THEIR WAY TO THE TOPGUN BASE ON THEIR KAWASAKIS

❝ 𝐛𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐭  ❞

✈ ✈ ✈

THE DUO OF CAPTAINS RODE DOWN THEIR WAY TO THE TOPGUN BASE ON THEIR KAWASAKIS.

It was something Faith would do, beside all her fellow Avengers as they'd drive to the base, and now, she was besides her uncle doing the same thing, a large smile on her face as her open chocolate waves floated behind her. She looked at Mav, right beside her on his own Kawasaki, returning the smile to her as always.

When they came up into the parking lot, immediately getting off their bikes to make haste and run up the steps leading up to the entrance of the familiar place.

Side by side, aviators in their hands, leather jackets worn, they walk inside, over the triangular Pacific Fleet logo on the tiles below them.

A few more steps ahead, and Faith could not hide her smile, taking in the picture of her father as the Commander of the Pacific Fleet.

Across Ice's photo, another large frame of him and Maverick shaking hands, from their first mission together, faces pulled into wide smiles.

Faith places a hand on Maverick's shoulder as he stares at the picture, they were getting a tad bit late. Maverick turns around, smiling at her as he puts an arm around her shoulder, both of them looking at Iceman's huge picture on the wall.

✈ ✈ ✈

"CAPTAIN PETE 'MAVERICK' MITCHELL. YOUR REPUTATION PRECEDES YOU."

Faith and Maverick stood beside each other in the briefing room, shoulders rolled back, chins up, feet parallel, hands by their front.

In front of them, seated on the chairs placed by the table, were Admiral Beau 'Cyclone' Simpson, and Admiral Solomon 'Warlock' Bates. They'd been Captains, assisting Faith with the squadron. Well, Warlock gave her actually useful advice, while Cyclone just rolled his eyes at her insights.

Well, the universe had to have Faith's name on the 'to annoy immediately' list. This sure was a big blast from the past. Don't get her wrong, Cyclone was a great instructor and mentor. But only Faith knows how she spent five entire years under his big, fat thumb and taunts. The man knew exactly how to ruffle someone's feathers.

Maverick opens his mouth to speak with a smug smile, "Thank you, sir."

Cyclone shakes his head once and back, responding back, "Wasn't a compliment."