𝟭𝟱 | 𝗻𝗼𝘁 𝗹𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗴𝗼

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐯 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫

𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨

THERE WAS A NEVER-FALTERING SMILE ON FAITH'S FACE AS SHE DROVE BACK TO HER HOME.

Training had been rough, on not only her, but everyone else, and this weekend away with family was just what they all needed.

Faith had offered for Bradley to come over to her home with her, but his mother was not in the best condition, and he wanted to be around her instead. Faith had immediately agreed, pushing him towards his car with a final warm hug and friendly kiss on the cheek before she walked away. Don't ask where she got the courage to give him said friendly kiss on the cheek, the fogginess in her brain had made Faith not think straight.

Faith jumps out of her car the second she's able to perfectly park the car, skipping the steps on the porch and ringing the bell twice, her way of saying she was back home.

Sarah Kazansky is by the door with a huge smile in the matter of seconds, opening the wide glass door and pulling Faith into a long hug. She pulls away, placing her palms on Faith's shoulders and sliding them up to cup her cheeks, brushing her thumb against the faint faded scars on Faith's cheeks.

Sarah steps aside, letting Faith enter, and the smell of her signature roast chicken hits her nose, mouth watering. Faith turns back to Sarah behind her, who stood with an ever so bright smile on her face at Faith's happiness.

Faith didn't even say anything, the question practically tattooed on her face as Sarah immediately takes in her excited state and nods, confirming Faith's question if she'd actually prepared her favorite dish. Faith throws her hands up in victory, taking just two steps and pulling Sarah into a hug again.

Faith kisses the top of Sarah's head since she was a foot shorter than her, rubbing her back before stepping back. "Hi, Sarah. How've you been?" Faith asks when she pulls back, grasping the shorter woman's hand in hers'.

"Honey, I've been well." Sarah squeezes Faith's hands. She asks, "How are you? How's training? Is Hurricane treating you guys fine? He told me you've been flying a bit too much like your uncle, sweetie. I don't want to hear complaints again."

The motherly look on Sarah's face was what Faith realized she was missing these past few days. She shakes her head at Sarah's instincts kicking in, chuckling at her worry, erasing the older woman's doubts with a shake of her shoulder, "Hey, I'm fine. A few bumps here and there, but we've made it through." Faith nods.