𝟭𝟲 | 𝗳𝘂𝗻𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗹𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹𝘀

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐱𝐯𝐢 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐫

❝ 𝐟𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐬 ❞

THE SERVICE THAT WAS ORGANIZED BY BRADLEY IN SUCH A SHORT TIME WAS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.

It was the perfect way to honor the angel on earth, known as Carole Bradshaw. Faith had met the woman when she had visited Bradley's home for the first time after the accident, as a reason to say hello to him and just see him. The woman had been nothing but sweet to her, wanting to make her tea and talk about training. Faith had waved her off, telling her that she'd bug Bradley if she wanted something, to which Carole had just chuckled, immediately liking the younger woman.

That one meeting with Carole was enough to tell Faith that she was an absolute beauty of a woman, inside and out. She'd always converse with Carole whenever Bradley was on call with her, in fact the older woman would always ask to speak to her and they'd spend their time talking about Bradley, Goose, and her Uncle Maverick. Carole, besides Natasha was also the only person who she'd told that she was actually a Kazansky in their first meeting itself, and the older woman had vowed to keep her promise.

White daisies, Carole's favorite flowers were strewn all around her grave, the raindrops falling from above giving her name a shine, and bouquets of roses were placed by it. The funeral had ended an hour ago, and Bradley hadn't said a word, disappearing from the crowd. Faith had stood by him the entire time, watching him and holding him as he leant against her to stand up, otherwise his knees would buckle, and he'd fall to the ground.

Faith found him standing by the grave, and she'd just watched as he stood, staring down at his mother's name, now beside his father's. He had stood in the rain for an hour, wordlessly gazing down at the graves, completely soaked in the rain. She said nothing as she took a few steps closer to him, her own tears in her eyes at this sight of him.

Faith slowly brings her hand and places it on Bradley's shoulder as she holds the umbrella over both of them. She says nothing, mimicking Bradley to stare down at the graves. She rubs her hand up and down his arm.

Bradley turns his head to the side as he looks at her.

Numb.