Chapter 2

Jisoo

I close my eyes, take a deep breath and count to 10 in my head before Bohyun opens the door to the party room for us to enter. As soon as the doors open, I put my hand on his arm and the fakest, most forced smile on my face.

They really invested in putting on an excellent party, not that the others aren't also excellent, but this year's seems different.

Or maybe I'm different.

Since Bohyun and I broke up over a year ago, I've been feeling very different, but in the last few months these changes have gotten worse. I think my patience in dealing with my parents' pressure to keep everything perfect is making me fed up and I'm at my limit, especially after I found the courage to be who I am without caring about what people say or think about. me.

"Finally you two arrived!" my mother says as she hugs us and I hold back rolling my eyes at the false tone of this excitement. "I'm always amazed when I see you two together, you make such a beautiful couple."

"Sooya!" It's my father's turn to approach us with several self-interested vultures behind him and I force my biggest smile again. "Look, this is my daughter, Jisoo, she is studying theater and this is my son-in-law, Bohyun, he is studying medicine. You're almost ready to graduate, aren't you?"

"Yes, only one year left." the brunette next to me says calmly and puts his arm around my waist. I bite my lower lip and stop myself from sighing as he approach. I know it's necessary, at least for now.

"And you, Jisoo, how long until you graduate?" one of the men along with my father asks.

"Almost two years." I control my tone of voice to be as soft as possible.

"And when do you intend to get married?" the woman who seems to be almost my age, but also seems to be the wife of one of the interested old men, questions me.

"I hope soon!" my mother says gently and pats Bohyun on the shoulder.

"I was going to leave the surprise for later, but since the topic came up" my father says too excitedly, probably due to the effect of the alcohol. He nods to one of his secretaries and turns to our small group "Since Bohyun is only a year away from graduating, I decided to help you start planning your wedding." the young assistant approaches and hands a yellow envelope and a small black box to my father. My breath catches in my throat because I can't believe he's going to make us get engaged here and now in front of everyone.

"What... what..." I say with difficulty and squeeze Bohyun's arm as if my life depended on it.

"One of the biggest concerns for a couple is where they are going to live to start their family." my father says in an excited and proud tone "So I bought you an apartment, Jisoo, so you'll have a place to live and you can start organizing the wedding without worrying about that detail."

"Wow, we weren't expecting that." Bohyun says looking surprised and I continue squeezing his arm. I watch my supposed boyfriend take the envelope and the little black box, opening it and revealing the keys to the property.

"And I've already furnished it all, just take your clothes and Dalgomie." my mother says and everyone around us claps. I feel my eyes burn and a few tears escape when I realize how serious this is.

"Sorry." Bohyun says softly in my ear as he hugs me "I had no idea."

"I'm sorry for putting you through this." I press myself against him. I just wanted everyone to disappear, I just wanted to have peace and be myself without having to meet anyone's expectations.

"Let's take a family photo to mark this new cycle!" a photographer says when I move away from Bohyun. The brunette puts his arm around my waist and we stand side by side with my parents for the photo.