(SUGGESTIVE/AU) 𝚂𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚞𝚌𝚑𝚎 - 𝚂𝚞𝚋𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚝𝚎

(A/N: 1/2)

Yes. I'm doing a fatui subordinate fic. Get mad.

Best part is, it's slowburn. Get ready to read hundreds of words of NOTHING INTERESTING.

Also, just a little thing:

Only 1 out of 5 drafts actually get posted here while others are forgotten. It's honestly mostly because I know someone else can do a better job than I did at balancing the character's and your personality perfectly lol

But it's fine, I give my left over drafts to my friend to finish and post

Requested by localweirdkid_
____________________________________.

And at this very moment, you feel like a pet rather than his assistant.

   One would argue you had spent years in the fatui to get where you were. Others would say you snuck your way to the top. But only those who knew the full story know that it was completely out of the blue.

A few months back, you had been on patrol in Inazuma like always. Days of standing in the sun and nights of cold battle. Of course, there were a few times you stopped patrolling to enjoy a nice lunch with some friends or look out into the distance to see Watatsumi Island.
On one of these days, however, you got a letter. This letter was anything but anonymous and now that you look back on it, it was basically an invitation.

Dear (L/N) (Y/N),

   The Balladeer requests to see you in his domain for some time during Signora's preparations as you are seen as "not needed". Once Signora has rightfully taken the Raidon's gnosis will you be moved to patrol in Sumeru. If you wish to know about the situation, asking the Balladeer himself is an option.

   Kind regards, (random ass subordinate).

   Less of an invitation now that you read again it in your bedroom. It was like a demand.

Of course, you asked the rest of your co-workers if they had received the same letter in which they all declined, confused.
A friend of your offered to look through the letter to maybe find some meaning to it, however, he found none other than: "The Balladeer wants to see you specifically for whatever reason, though you don't seem to be in trouble".

Just a day later, a boat came for you sent by, you guessed it, the Balladeer. Though still sceptical, you packed your things and left the island just as quick as you got there.

And now here you are. Spending your days as his lapdog rather than his assistant. Being forced to be by his side every second of everyday. Wherever you were, he wasn't far behind. In every nation, every inn, every meeting; you were by his side, or rather, he was by yours, leaching off of you like a tic.
   He could do whatever he pleased with you and you both knew that well. You both knew that if you didn't continue to tolerate this, you would be all the way at the bottom of the totem pole, lower than a simple minded recruit. But even with the knowledge of "I can do with you whatever I please" he had a smidge of respect.
   Whenever he'd snake his hand on your hip, a simple glare from you would send him away with a smirk. Whenever he had you alone in his domain, if he made the slightest comment about your body, ignoring him wouldn't discourage him, but telling him to stop would have him silent.
   Once you thought, what a gentleman. Caring about my opinion, but it was all sarcasm to you. Although, in the back of your mind, you wished you meant even a little to him after devoting most of your adulthood to the Tsaritsa and the fatui...