11

LILA BROWNMIAMI, FLORIDA

LILA BROWN
MIAMI, FLORIDA

Turning the lights on I saw someone sitting on my counter while smoke was in the air.

My heart started to race faster than ever, I was confused, and worried. Was I going to die?

"Youn gotta be scared." He said. Getting off the counter and coming towards me.

"How- how'd you get in here?"

"Don't worry bout it."

"Ok... uhm why are you in my house?" I asked placing my bag down and slowly taking my phone out.

He had these long black dreads covering his face, while he wore all black clothing. I looked at him from head to toe.

"You said you wanted to make business?"

I remember the night when I was at the club and told Xaiver those exactly words.

"Oh yeah. Is that why your here? You could've just knocked or something.."

"Nah, that's lame." He said sitting down on the stool chair.

"Are you one of Xaiver's people or sumn?" I sat on the stool as well and placed my phone down.

"Like I said, don't worry bout it."

"Ok... well.." My phone started to ring and I saw my co worker calling me but I placed it back down.

"You should answer that, ion like bein interrupted."

I sighed and took my phone hopping off the chair and headed to the other side of the room.

"Hello?"

"Ms.Brown? There has been another murder out here, and we need you. Xaiver he's dead."

My heart dropped and I looked behind me seeing the boy still smoking with a blunt in his hand.

"I'll be right there, just text me the details."

I quickly hung up the phone and went back to sitting down.

"You good?"

"Yeah, I'm ok. I just need to go get something from my friend."

"Who's yo friend, I'll get someone to go get it for you." He said pulling out his phone.

"No, no it's ok. Uhm its girl personal stuff."