6

LILA BROWN
MIAMI,FLORIDA

TWO DAYS LATER

I was currently in my office looking through the files and the cases. That's when Yasmine had knocked on my door.

"Come in."

She opened the door and closed it shut behind her.

"Did you get anything from two nights ago?" I asked.

"Mhm, there was an underage girl working there. Her name is Janeka..? Shani gave me the re-"

"That's good, just email it to me."

She took a deep breath in and she let it out smoothly, walking away from my room.

I knew I was harsh on her, but it was because I didn't like her.

Someone else had knocked on my door and it was. Mr.Hampton, my co worker.

"Hello, Goodmorning." He said coming with files in his hands.

"Morning."

"Any progress on that case yet? The one with the lounge."

"Yes actually, there was an underage girl working there. I don't know how she got hired but I'll need to find out more."

"Great, did you try and talk to Xaiver?"

"No, I couldn't reach him."

"Ok. Just work with what you have, I was going to tell you, there was another case we were reopening again. And we wanted you to work on it."

"Oh really? What is it?"

"Well, Ms.Rose was working on it, but she had stopped working on it after she got shot. So it was close for a while, and since you're new, and experienced I think you'll be able to solve our murder problem." He said opening the folder and closing it handing it back to me.

"These are the past murders of Jayden, Marcus, Leah, Janelle, and Nijah." He said.
(AUTHOR - i forgot their last names.)

"Hmmmm..." I went looking at the photos and their time of death as well.

"Was Ms.Rose working with anyone on this case?"

"Nope. Just by herself. Do you want her to be apart of it?"

"No, no, I'm ok."

"Great." He walked got out the chair and walked outside my room closing the door. I sighed and picked up the photos of the victims that were dead.

One of the girls I realized, Leah. We had went to middle school with each other but after that we lost contact going into highschool. I had moved to another state.

Another person who I had realized was Janelle.

"What the hell..?" I said shuffling the papers and photos.

This case was about to be interesting.