"I won't." Ayden laughed as she resituated herself on the couch. She heard the door open and slam.

"The door didn't hurt you, Percy," Sally said in a calm voice. Ayden stood up.

"I know, Mom, I'm sorry. I'm sorry. It's just—there is still nothing. How can there just be nothing!" Percy ran his hands down his face. Ayden had walked into the doorway. A smile on her face as she stared at him. Sally smiled at her son and slowly moved her eyes to Ayden. When he turned and saw her it was like a switch went off.

"Ayden." He muttered. "Ayden. Ayden." His words were like a prayer as he moved toward her wrapping her in his arms. She felt safe in his arms. "You're real right?"

"Yes, I'm real." Ayden laughed. She felt him bury his face in her neck and sigh. "Aren't you glad I gave you that charm now?"

"Yes, yes, yes, yes," Percy leaned back and kissed her. Three times. He then pulled her into another tight hug. "Are you okay? What happened? Nico said very little."

"Eris and Hecate had me—"

"For months?"

"Don't interrupt her Percy," Sally added. She set the cup of hot chocolate on the counter for her. "Here you are."

"What did they—." Ayden lifted the side of her shirt showing the new carving on her stomach.

"I'm gonna kill them." Percy clenched his jaw. Ayden let her shirt fall as her hands returned to his shirt. "How did you get free?"

"I killed Eris."

"You killed a god?" Percy asked. His hands gripped her hips tightly.

"I made the gods angry with me. So now it's a headhunt," She let out a long sigh.

"That's not fair."

"Yeah, well it never is for me." Ayden reached for the thing of hot chocolate. "Thank you." She smiled at Sally over the top.

"Ayden can I just ask something?" Sally leaned on the other side of the counter.

"Sure." Percy kept his hand on her lower back.

"Why aren't you more angry?"

"Um," She leaned back. "This is going to sound worse than it is, but I'm used to being alone. I know no one can or will help me." She looked back to see Percy staring at the floor. "Not you. Stop." She cupped his face as he leaned into her touch. "I knew you would be looking for me, but I knew you couldn't find me."

"I should have." Percy gave her a sad smile. "I don't like that you have to depend on yourself. What happens when you can't escape?"

"Then I will be waiting patiently for you to show up, but I'm not holding you to it." Ayden smiled. There were several fast knocks on the door.

"I'll get it," Sally moved for the door. Percy wrapped his arms around Ayden letting her bury herself in his chest.

"I'm glad you're here now."

"I'm sorry I missed your birthday."

"You came." Percy kissed the top of her head.

"I know, but I don't like making you worry. I fear I may have traumatised you with the amount of times I just disappear." Ayden leaned back as he brushed her hair away from her neck.

"That might only slightly be true," He leaned his forehead against hers.

"Percy you left this," Rachel walked in. She saw the two of them together. "Oh thank god!" She dropped his jacket on the floor. "Does this mean you'll relax now?" Percy laughed a little.