Real Talk

Book 5 - The Last Olympian

"Ayden," Knox stayed at the door as he whispered at her

"Ayden," Knox stayed at the door as he whispered at her. The bed was messy, so he assumed she was buried under the covers. "Ayden!" He opened the door and tugged at the bottom of the covers.

"What?" She whispered from behind him.

"Ah," He yanked the covers off the bed seeing the lumps were just pillows. "Where were you?" He looked at her sweatpants and tank top. "And why do you get a room to yourself."

"Cause I'm the favorite," She gave him a sleepy smile as she tried to run her fingers through her hair.

"Yeah, yeah, well everyone else is awake." Ayden flopped down on her bed.

"What time is it?"

"Three in the afternoon." Ayden stood up staring at him. She rubbed her eyes and then looked around.

"You get out, I have to change, thank you for waking me up." She waved her hand at him as she teleported to her closet.

"Do you not sleep well or something?" Knox asked. "I am the son of Hypnos."

"Are you going to get into my head?" She asked as she threw a shirt onto her bed.

"Yes, essentially. I would put you to sleep and dream walk to help see you through your problems." Knox closed the door but stayed on the other side.

"Yeah no I'll pass. There is only one person I would allow in my head," Ayden quickly changed and yanked the door open.

"Percy Jackson."

"No, Cameron, but she's dead." Ayden walked past him. She ran her hands through her hair grimacing when she hit a few knots.

"Stop," Knox slapped her hand. "Get a brush." She teleported back to her room grabbing one. She went to run it through her hair, but Knox took it from her.

"You are going to damage your hair that way," Knox walked into the living room after her. The others were seated around the table. They each had cups in front of them. A few pop-tarts on the table. "I'll do it, sit." Ayden sat down.

"What's happening?" Thalassa asked.

"Nothing," Ayden felt Knox take her hair. She had memories of her mother brushing her hair when she was small, but it always hurt. If she moved too much her mom would hit her with the brush until she stopped complaining.

"Alright, well you wanted to talk," Esmeray leaned back on the couch. She put her shoes up on the table, but Blair shoved them off.

"This is a nice table, what are you doing?" She whispered to her.

"I'm not going to force you to join the war," Ayden started at each of them. "I wouldn't if I didn't have people to take care of, but you can't join Kronos. This war is going to affect everyone even whether you join or not."