He's A Cyclops

Book 2 - The Sea Of Monsters

They had given Ayden a week to heal

They had given Ayden a week to heal. In that time Ki and Cameron were able to help inside the camp as they remodeled a few of the cabins into weapons stashes. It was nearing the end of May now and the decision was made to fire Chiron. Ayden wasn't thrilled when she saw his replacement for activities director. Tantalus was a man from the underworld, he was one of the people standing in the middle of a field under a tree of food that he could never eat from. There was no reason for him to have a grudge against Ayden, but he was having a bad life and Pery Jackson wasn't there for him to even it out. It was just after lunch, but the patrols were just switching off. Ayden was moving through the forest.

One positive thing she'd got from this experience was that while she was healing she'd trained herself to be able to teleport objects to different places. She couldn't move them far, but she could move them around which was a plus. Ki and Cameron were near the other sides of the barrier, but Ayden was moving to relieve Clarisse. She wasn't far, but the shouts had started. It didn't startle Ayden anymore because she's been hearing them constantly for months.

Sometimes she was glad she didn't get to sleep a lot because she didn't have the nightmares, but she got so tired on watch. Her magic was wearing thin from her constantly using it, some days Ayden wondered if you could die from excessive magic use. You don't. She'd researched it. Ayden appeared through the woods seeing the others running. She leaned against a tree smiling at the scene for a moment. Clarisse was screaming at her team to get into position, but none of them were going to listen to her.

"We just going to wait here?" Ki asked as he appeared next to her.

"Maybe," Ayden smiled. Clarisse had a piece of her hair caught on fire. "No, let's go."

"I'm hungry," Cameron muttered as they moved from the trees.

"Cameron," Ayden called as she pointed to the left one.

"Go away! I don't need you!" Clarisse yelled.

"Get your team together them?" Ayden shot back as she teleported around the bull drawing its attention. She tilted her head at the creature. Most of the time it's these that find their way here. A few times it's been a minotaur or two, but those were easier most of the time.

"Ayden!" She heard Percy's voice. Ayden wanted to smile, but she couldn't. She was stunned. It was May. She saw Annabeth and someone else following them.

"Ayden!" Ki yelled. She teleported around grabbing a shield. She threw it watching it teleport to Ki as he blocked a stream of fire as he pulled one of the wounded to the side. Ayden whistled as she got the bull's attention.