* 18 *

Amelia woke up, got dressed then packed her stuff. She made sure she got everything and then walked out of her room with her suitcase and saw everyone waiting for her. Grayson walked over and took her bags then they left. Amelia wanted to say something to Grayson but she didn't know what to say or even if he wanted to talk to her. They took a boat to the main island then they got on a plane. The entire plane ride back Grayson nor Amelia said a word to each other.

Once they arrived at the Burrow house Grayson didn't even bother going inside he loaded his stuff in the car. Joe gave Amelia a look and then took her stuff inside.

"Grayson?" Amelia called out.

"Hm?" He replied not looking at her.

"Talk to me please," She begged, Grayson turned to her.

"What do you want me to say Amelia? You clearly have planned out your future without me. Do you even see us in your future?" He asked, Amelia looked taken aback by his question.

"Of course I do Grayson. But I also see soccer as a career. You can't blame me for that, you know it's been my dream to play soccer professionally." Amelia replied.

"And where I am?" Grayson asked.

"Where is this all coming from?" Amelia asked.

"I just don't want to waste my time if you going to end up leaving me in the end," Grayson said, Amelia looked at him offended.

"So you're just going to give up and not try? I'm not going to leave you forever Grayson. It's just college." Amelia said with tears in her eyes.

"It's not just college Amelia, what happens if we both get careers in sports and barely see each other," Grayson asked.

"We are eighteen we don't know what's going to happen. We don't have to think about this right now." Amelia tried to reason.

"I don't want to continue this if one day we are just going to break up or get a divorce," Grayson argues, Amelia's face falls once she realizes what this is about.

"Grayson is this is about your parents-" She started and he cut her off.

"No it's not. It's about our future." Amelia started to stress out.

"Grayson we are 18 we don't know what's going to happen. I hope we last forever and yes there is a possibility we might not but isn't it worth trying?" Amelia asked, Grayson shrugged.

"I don't know Amelia is it?" Amelia's face flashed with hurt.

"To me it is," Amelia replied with tears falling.

"Maybe we should break up or take a break," Grayson said not looking her in the eye. Amelia looked at him with disbelief.

"Why are you doing this?" Amelia asked and took a step closer.

"I'm just trying to prevent us from getting hurt in the future," Grayson explained.

"So this is it? You're just going to give up on our relationship because you're scared of a possibility, Every relationship has its ups and downs but people work through them." She said, Grayson scoffed.

"Like your mom and dad? Or my parents." Amelia took a step back.

"I don't like this side of you, Grayson. What's going on?" She asked, Grayson ignored her.

"I need to go it's late." Grayson opened his car door.

"Grayson, I don't want it to end like this. I love you and if means this much to you I'll go to Ohio State." Amelia said crying. Grayson got in his car and slammed the door.