* 7 *

She walked into the house and saw Joe and Olivia eating lunch. She walked past them and went to her room to shower and change. She laid on her bed just thinking about all the things that had happened that day and became angry at Vanessa and Mason. "Vanessa isn't my friend she just likes that I would do anything for her. Those days are over." then she started to think about her dad and what her grandparents had said. After a while, Amelia was called down for dinner.

"Dad? Can I ask you something for a school assignment?" She asked, Joe was surprised and thankful that Amelia was talking to him.

"Yeah of course." He replied.

"It's about my story. So my questions are about my birth mom." She nervously said, Joe and Olivia tensed up.

"What are your questions?" He asked calmly and took a sip of water.

"How did you feel when Maria told you that she was pregnant?" She asked, Joe almost spit out his water.
Amelia looked at him with suspicion.

"Sorry, uh- I was happy and scared." He replied, Amelia glanced over to Olivia who wouldn't look at her.

"You're hiding something." She said accusingly, Joe took a deep breath.

"You know this subject is hard for me Millie," He deflected.

"There's something you're not telling me. Why?" She asked, Joe glanced at Olivia and then back to Amelia. "Does Olivia know too?"

"Bug there are some things that are just best left in the past. Do you have any other questions? I need to go soon" He said, Amelia started to get angry.

"Why can't you tell me? Did you not want me?" She exclaimed. Joe sighed.

"It's not like that. There are just layers to it and out of respect for Maria, some stuff needs to stay a secret." He explains but it pissed Amelia off even more.

"Respect? She left us, I don't see why can't you tell me! I don't care about her opinion." Amelia stood up and exclaimed.

" Enough Amelia! she's still your mother." He said sternly, Amelia rolled her eyes.

"Olivia is more of my mother than she had ever been," Amelia mumbled and sat back down.

The awkwardness and tension were high at the dinner table. Joe tried to make conversation with Amelia but she was short with her dad and would only speak to Olivia. They finished up dinner and Joe was leaving to go to the airport for his game against the Broncos and Olivia was taking him to the airport.

"Are you going to be ok here?" Joe asked Amelia.

"Yep, I've learned how to live by myself quite well." She responded.

She knew she was being mean but at this point, Amelia was too filled up with anger to care. Joe looked taken aback by her comment. He looked at Olivia who had the same reaction.

"Amelia,-" Amelia ignored him.

"Bye, hope you win your game." She said then started walking to her room.

Joe was speechless, Amelia had never been this rude or disrespectful.

"Amelia," He said in a stern voice. Amelia stopped walking.