I ignore her and look into his eyes. He repeats, "Say your name. And we die together."

It was the only thing I could think of. A loophole to the fucking loophole. We both preferred death over a life where we were punished for loving each other.

"Say my name," I nod. "And we die together."

"No, Luella, stop!" she shouts. "You don't understand! If somebody says your name, you don't just die!" 

My eyebrows lowered. I had heard her shout before. I've heard her plead. But something about this was different. I think about it. Why was somebody saying my name so scary for her? Why did it terrify her?

"Saying my name breaks the curse," I realize out loud, and I'm speaking to her, but I'm also speaking to Adonis. "Doesn't it?"

"It will kill you both, but it will also kill me!" her voice is nothing but desperation. "You will both die, then you will both be reborn as humans with no memory of each other! You will never remember this lifetime again!"

I pause as I take in her words. My eyes dart around. 

"If you say my name, it'll kill us, and we'll be reborn with no memory of each other," I tell him. "But it will also break the curse."

Adonis nods. I get emotional about it. Thinking about how I'll never remember this, I'll never remember him, I'll never remember anything we've been through together. The second a tear falls from my eye, Adonis quickly wipes it away.

"Don't cry, Valeria," he says with a slight smile. "I know I'll love you again."

I nod. She begins to get more angry.

"No, don't fucking do this!" she shouts. "I deserve this! After everything I've done, I fucking deserve this! I manipulated everybody, I'm the only person who could've done this, I fucking deserve this!"

I shut my eyes as I ignored her. And when I open my eyes, I look into Adonis', with only a few minutes until the sun would rise.

There was no guarantee that Adonis and I would ever meet again. But I had to believe that two soulmates would find their way back to each other.

"Wait for me?" I ask him.

"For centuries," he replies. 

I nod. It had been so long since anybody had called me by my name. Adonis grabs my hands in his. All I could do was hope that our love would be strong enough to exist in another life. And while I may not remember him, I know I'll still feel that love deep inside me, it's impossible to not exist. 

"My name is Luella," I tell him. 

As I tell him, I see the memories come back to him, this time with my real name. He can now see the memory of us walking through that forest and carving our names into a tree with a rock. He now remembers everything, even though in just a minute, we will both forget it all.

"I wouldn't change anything," he tells me. "I'd feel the pain for loving you over and over again."

"I hope we'll meet again," I say, I try to hide the emotion in my voice, but I know it shows. 

"We will," he nods. "In a life where I can give you the human love you deserve."

I smile. The sun was about to rise. He needed to say it now.

He leans down and kisses me first, I treasure it as I know it could be the last time I ever feel his lips. He says his words between kisses, "I'll find you again, no matter how long it takes."

He removes his lips, and as I hold his hands, I look into his eyes. As the sun breaks the horizon, I tell him, "I love you, Adonis."

He smiled. It was rare to see Adonis Priest smile, but right now, he smiles. 

"I love you too," he says. He then pauses to have a few more seconds of being together. "Luella."

The second he says my name, she screams inside me, and I'm sure the voices inside him scream just as loud. I fall onto the ground behind me, I feel myself dying, I feel all my organs stop working as I'm brought toward my promised death. As I die, I look up at the sky, at the sun that I can now see.

Adonis dies beside me. With his last bit of energy, he reaches over and grabs my hand. I hold it, finding peace in our skeletons remaining together forever, even if we never find each other again.

I turn my head to look at him as my lungs no longer work and I try to breathe in air I'll never get. He looks over at me too, and he gives my hand a squeeze. I did not fear death right now, I welcomed it. The Lord may have gotten what he wanted in some way, but not completely. 

Because while I may have died, I died loving a demon, and I would've done everything the same.

Word Count: 1514