Chapter Thirty-Three

Start from the beginning

With a shaky sigh I get out of bed, the cool air of the hotel room biting at my naked flesh. My gaze travels over Justin, still sleeping soundly with his muscled back turned to me. 

“It was just a dream,” I whisper, running my hand through my hair with a shaky sigh. I avert my gaze, tiptoeing to the bathroom. “A dream eliciting a powerful visceral reaction.”

I hate those dreams.

The kind which leaves a lingering feeling of utter despair radiating through your chest. The same emotions you felt in your dream stay with you all day, taking a toll on your overall mood.

The fear and pain you felt don’t leave and the dream keeps playing on your mind like a movie. One of the most horrifyingly saddest movies you’ve ever seen.

I try to shake away the emptiness I feel but to no avail. 

I’m going to go back to sleep and hope for the best. It’s the only thing I can think of to prevent me from sulking the rest of the day.

I flush the toilet and wash my hands, avoiding my reflection in the mirror.

I crawl back into bed, and I turn my back to Justin. I close my eyes, my dream replaying over and over without fail.

My body relaxes, sinking into the soft mattress. My breathing slows, my heart beating in a steady rhythm. I begin to doze off with a knot in my throat encapsulated by immense sadness progressing by the minute.

I don’t want to feel this way anymore.

I startle out of my relaxed state as Justin snakes his arm around my bare waist.

“I’m sorry, love,” he murmurs in a deep voice laced with sleep. 

I take a deep breath, trying to calm my racing heart. “It’s okay,” I mumble.

“I’ll make it up to you,” I hear the smile in his voice as his fingers trail towards my breasts. He presses against me, his morning woody poking against my ass.

I shift in order to prevent it from going between my cheeks. I close my eyes imagining Alec in his place. I imagine Alec’s fingers pinching my nipples, his lips against my neck, his dick pressing hard against me.

The imaginary is arousing, exciting and a hundred percent responsible for the throb beginning to pulsate between my thighs. It’s also the reason the weight of the world lifts from my heart, allowing the sadness to part for this very moment.

I could always say no to Justin and tell him the truth – I’m not in the mood but I’d do anything to feel something aside from this overbearing sadness collapsing my heart.

So, I settle for a healthy dose of endorphins and oxytocin. I spread my thighs, slipping my fingers between my lips. I slowly rub my clit, going lower to wet my fingers in my arousal.

“Are you?” He asks, the bed shifting beneath his weight. “Masturbating?”

“Mmhmm,” I hum tantalizingly, releasing a soft moan.

“Can I… can I watch?”

Lana,” he says my name with a sexy edge to it as I sit spread-out before him on my study chair.

“C’mon, Alec,” I say breathlessly. “I promise you’ll like it,” I run my hands sensually down my breasts, squeezing a handful of my soft flesh.

“Explain it to me again,” he licks his lips, staring at my hands filled with my breasts. I spread my fingers, flashing him my taut nipple.

“Do you, ahh, really need to hear it again?” I moan, pinching my nipples between my fingers.