[Chapter 22 - Contact]

_____

=====

We've been on a fair few missions in the past few weeks. We ran into a lot of interesting people. The kid made a friend, a little Twi'lek girl called Hera Syndulla. 

What have you been in contact with the Syndullas for?

We helped out that group of Rebels you mentioned hearing about on Ryloth. Cid had us run some weapons to them. We ran into some trouble, but we figured it out just fine.

And is that why you called? 

Kind of. We had a run in with some clones, one of whom was a Captain. He turned on Crosshair and his men, and I can only assume he's been captured. I think his name was Howzer? I figured you and Rex might want to know. 

Thanks, we'll make sure to look into it. 

We also ended up having a run-in with the Pykes, as well as Isa Durand's kid. 

Stars Stell! You've been busy!

Kinda wish we hadn't been. Things with Cid are getting a bit... iffy. But that's neither here nor there. How are things going with you two?

Well the morning sickness isn't showing any sign of stopping. But other than that I've been pretty much normal. Poor Rex has had to basically carry me out of bed in the mornings though.

What's new eh?

Just don't over work yourself. You'll burn out quicker than you think.

Same goes for you. Bye looser.

See ya stupid.

=====

Stellia shut off the communicator and slid down the ladder. She came face to face with Hunter, who looked as if he'd been caught doing something wrong. 

"Hello Hunter." Stellia raised her eyebrows at him.

"Hello Stellia." Hunter replied. 

"You weren't snooping were you?" Stellia smiled knowingly up at him. 

"No." 

Stellia smiled as she watched the corner of his mouth twitch slightly. What. A. Liar

Echo spotted the pair, rolling his eyes to the heavens. Omega approached Stellia.

"Who were you calling?" the blonde peered up at her with suspicion.

"Not that it's any of your business, but I was checking up on Lenora." she poked the girl teasingly.

Omega giggled, then made her way to her room, snuggling in and pulling out some paint to use on her clone trooper doll. Hunter spotted the paint and was reminded of Stellia's mural.

"Hey- how's the mural going by the way? It was looking good last time I saw." 

"Not bad. The part you saw is pretty much done. I was actually gonna keep working on it now." 

"Mind if I join you?" 

"Not at all." Stellia smiled, beginning her climb up the ladder. 

The two squished into the room. Hunter found his breath stolen as he gazed upon the mural. A tree stretched across the wall, its branches covered in speckled leaves that looked almost as if they were glowing. Spread across the tree were seven distinct red flowers. Amongst them, there was one that seemed rushed, shaky even.