Daehan absorbed Youngjae's words thoughtfully, nodding once more in affirmation. Understanding the weight of his new role, he silently resolved to carry out Youngjae's orders diligently, recognizing the importance of his position as a silent observer amidst the palace's intrigue.

"In return, you'll always be well protected and your every need will be taken care of," Youngjae added, his words carrying a promise of security and reassurance.

Daehan's smile widened in relief at Youngjae's assurance, grateful for the protection and care promised in exchange for his newfound role.

After a moment of silence, Daehan mustered the courage to broach a sensitive topic, he asked with gestures, "Your Highness, I'm very sorry about your previous wives... did you... did you love any of them?" he inquired, his expression earnest with genuine curiosity.

Youngjae's reaction was swift and cold, his glare piercing as he scoffed in disdain. "LOVE?! That's for the weak... I'm merely fulfilling my duties," he retorted, his tone dismissive as he turned away from Daehan, dismissing the question with a wave of his hand. "Stop asking me stupid questions and go to sleep!" he commanded tersely before laying down on the bed, the finality of his words leaving no room for further discussion.

Daehan swallowed nervously as he gingerly positioned himself on the bed beside Youngjae, ensuring there was a respectful distance between them. However, despite his attempts to maintain composure, a faint blush coloured his cheeks at the proximity to Youngjae's bare torso. His gaze inadvertently drifted over the intricate dragon tattoo and the battle scars that adorned Youngjae's body, each mark a testament to his strength and resilience.

His thoughts were interrupted when Youngjae spoke, his voice a stern reminder of their current circumstances. "Don't make noises or movements while sleeping... I'm a light sleeper," Youngjae cautioned, his warning clear and concise.

Daehan nodded silently, his eyes closing as he attempted to banish the nervous fluttering in his chest. With Youngjae's presence beside him, his worries about his secret being uncovered temporarily faded, replaced by a sense of tranquillity. Slowly, he drifted into a peaceful slumber, the weight of his concerns lifting as sleep claimed him.

Later at night, as Daehan stirred from his slumber, he became acutely aware of the strong arms enveloping him, pulling him into an unexpected embrace. Opening his eyes, he found himself nestled against Youngjae, who had unconsciously drawn him close, using him as a makeshift pillow. Heat rushed to Daehan's cheeks at the intimate proximity, his heart fluttering with a mixture of embarrassment and exhilaration.

Despite his initial blush, Daehan dared not move, fearing to disturb Youngjae's peaceful slumber. Instead, he lay still, enveloped by the warmth and comfort of the crown prince's embrace. The sandalwood and citrusy scent that surrounded him, uniquely Youngjae's, washed over Daehan, soothing his nerves in a way he had never experienced before.

The sensation of being held, of feeling Youngjae's steady heartbeat beneath his cheek, stirred unfamiliar emotions within Daehan. Though he had never been embraced like this before, there was a strange sense of contentment that washed over him, calming the turmoil of his thoughts.

Despite the rapid beating of his heart at the closeness to Youngjae's bare torso, Daehan found himself succumbing once more to the embrace of sleep, his worries momentarily forgotten in the safety of Youngjae's arms. With a soft sigh, he closed his eyes and surrendered to the comforting embrace of slumber.

Youngjae was fast asleep throughout the night and in the morning, as he stirred from his sleep, his consciousness slowly returning, he found himself encircled in an unexpected embrace. A mixture of confusion and disorientation washed over him as he realized he was holding Daehan close to him, their bodies entwined in a gentle embrace.