I mulled it over, drifting myself further into the middle of the lake. I doubted I would be faster than a witch, and this one seemed docile for now. But for a being filled with so much knowledge and magic, I dread to think about what she could do.

"That lake protects you." The witch raised an eyebrow. "I cannot bewitch you. Not that I would anyway. You already have enough magic in you."

"I do?" I wondered.

She grinned; lips pulled back to show bright white teeth. "Now, shouldn't this be spoken of within thick walls?"

I swallowed, glancing toward my towel. "How did you get past my guard?"

I know Asra always had at least one person watching me. They hid in the trees, and although I never saw them, I felt their presence like a breeze.

"I will not harm you." The witch preened, scaling down the waterfall. "The guard is merely asleep for a moment. A simple snap of my fingers and he shall awake."

I eyed her sceptically. "Give me your word."

"My word?"

"That you shall not harm me."

"Why would I do that? The alpha would have my head."

"You are a witch. I was taught to not trust witches."

"Were you?" She cocked her head, grinning.

Goosebumps raised on my skin, and the waterfall seemed to quicken its pace. I looked at it nervously, wondering what it was trying to tell me. The last time the waterfall changed its course, something was to happen.

Of course, witches were wicked. Mother always said so.

The witch sighed. "Fine, I shall alert your guard. But I shall let you know my magic cannot touch you."

"Why not?" I probed, rolling my eyes.. "Are you not strong enough?"

She smirked. "Wow, what a resemblance."

What was she even talking about? First speaks on my swimming, and now my appearance. I glared at her, but she just grinned.

Time to show some courage. I was luna of these lands, after all.

"Fine. I shall get out." I huffed, swimming to the edge. "But I will smack you right out of here if I have to."

"I wouldn't have guessed otherwise, Ailia."

Great, now the strange witch somehow knew my name.

"I shall get your guard."

She strutted through the hedges, disappearing behind some trees. I took it as an opportunity and clambered out of the lake to secure my towel around my waist. My hair dripped down my back, so I quickly squeezed out the water before securing it into the hair clip I discarded earlier.

"Come on then! Let's go!" The witch cackled.

"You are trespassing!" My guard growled.

It was Sebastian. The man Asra often designated to babysitting duty when I swam. I wasn't sure why at first; the man wasn't exactly humongous, and I saw Asra as the crazy, over-protective type. But then I realised; Seb was gay and happily mated. My damn mate assigned me a guard who wouldn't care for my nudity in the lake.

"Oh, hush. I have permission to be here." The witch patted his nose with a short, yet well-manicured finger.

The wolf growled, but she didn't care and walked back toward me. "Lead the way, wolf!"

"Luna..." Sebastian growled.

"I'm okay." I sighed. "Does Asra know?"

"I have informed him." He nodded.