•7•

Olivia's POV

"What do you guys have there?" I asked Milton, Jerry and Eddie as they put some bags on the table in front of me and Jack, who was reading onee of my books.
"Chinese food"
Jack stood up "I'll take one of these fortune cookies. Hard to mess them up" he opened the coockie and read out loud:'You're about to embark on an exciting jurney.'
"Oh, sweet dude. That's a good one." Jerry commented.
"Oh, let me try" I took a fortune cookie and read out loud: 'You'll soon visit a place you wanted to see for a long time.'  "Uh, I hope It's Greece"
"These fortunes are just some dumb gimmick totake your mind off how the cookies look and taste like and old man's ear."
"Yep, but I'm still going to Greece. And you are coming too" He rolled his eyes at me.
"I can't tell you how I know this, but but they taste nothing like an old man's ear" Jack and I looked at him weirdly. Then we got up and left.

"Jack, I have some exciting news for you!" Rudy said excited as we entered the dojo. He gave Jack a letter.
"Oh my god, Jack" I shook his arm, as I read the letter with him.

"I cannot belive this. I am going to the Junior World Martial Arts Championships in China!"
"I was gonna go too" Milton said "but I'm not what they call good"
"Guys, I've been dreaming about this tournament since I got into martial arts. How did this happen?"
"Mm, we may know how that happend." I gestured between Rudy and I smiling, looking up at him. He smiled back at us.
"I might have taken it upon myself to write a letter about a certain student, and possibly sent it to, oh, I don't know, China." Rudy said trying to take all the credits.
"Dude, this is important. Try to remember. Did you do it or not?" Jerry asked allarmed.
"Um, actually, I wrote that letter. The one you wrote looked like a 4yo wrote it." I said looking at Rudy.
"Anyway, Jack's an amazing studend. He's undefeated,. He's never lost a match in his life."
I looked at Jack and he nodded. "Rudy, can I talk to you outside for a second?" Rudy nodded and the three of us left the dojo.

"Rudy, not everything you told those people about me was true"
"Please, everybody stretches the truth. I do it all the time on my online dating profile. I'm not really a bathing suit model."
Then I stepped up "Jack, I'm sorry I lied, but we had to be sure you got in"
"Wait what you mean you lied?" Rudy asked me. I looked at Jack.
"I'm not undefeated, Rudy. A kid named Kai beat me so badly, I gave up karate till I came here"
"Jack, it doesn't matter. You deserve this. And that's why they sent you two first class tickets to China. You get to bring someone. An adulta mentor, perhaps someone who is both here and a man."
"It'd be great if we could all go" I said smiling.

"Wait" Jack said, making me turn my head to look at him "Firts class tickets are really expensive. Maybe I could trade them for seven coach tickets."
"It's settle. Jack and I are going alone, first class!" Rudy said, he obviously just ignored everything Jack said. "Endless legroom, our ownentertainment systems, and hot nuts"
"I'm just saying , it'd be great if we could all-" I tried to repeat myself bu Rudy stopped me.
"I said hot nuts, Liv!" he yelled.

The others came out aswell and Jack turned to them "Guys, we're all going to China!"
...

Once we put all our luggage in the rooms, we went were the tournament was held.

"Who's the man? You're the man! Say it!" Rudy said trying to hype Jack up.
"Jack" I grabbed his attention. He turned to look at me so I went on "I was down at the market and I picked you up these Baoding stones"
"Oh, kind of had my heart set on a glow in the dark ninja bobblehead, but no, no, rocks are cool."
I tried really hard not to kick him. " By rotating them in your hand, it will centre you, build your chi and help you compete" I explained.