Part 3

Eli's POV

"Aren't you happy?" She asked again, walking closer to me. I stand still fighting the urge to pull her arms away from me as she wraps them around my neck.

"You are my brother's mate! Why would you do this?" She giggles.

"Zi? He's not my mate, silly. You are! I've never liked him. I just didn't want to be kicked out of the pack. You know the rules, you can't reject your mate from the start, you have to at least try for a few years or you get kicked out." I nod my head.

"But that still doesn't explain why you'd do this; my brother loves you, he cares about you, he'd do anything for you because he's your mate. How could you just... just..." I could n't finish my thoughts because well... I didn't really have anything else to say.

It's just the principle of the thing, a code everyone follows, it's the one thing every wolf stands for. Rogue or not, alpha or omega, young or old every wolf will find a way to make it work with their mate. It's not like it's an unusual thing to reject your mate, it's not, but it is unlikely, especially for a couple like them.

"Come on, let's go. We'll come back later." She smirks and starts to drag me away going in the direction of the river. She untangles our fingers together and I immediately. She turns to me and pouts.

"Why can't I hold your hand." She says, crossing her arms.

"We finally get to be together and you won't even hold my hand." I was about to object to her but the alpha mind linked me.

~Don't. We need to see what she is planning. There is only one way to break her bond with Zi, so you have to find out what she is planning to do.~ I don't respond, instead I grab her hand as we continue walking.

The only way to break their bond is for either of them to die.

"What are you doing!?!?" I push her away from me.

"I'm trying to kiss my mate." She said in a stern voice. I shake my head.

"No. I'm not your mate. Stop saying that!" She stands there and looks at me in shock.

"Oh. Really?" She says as a smirk grows on her face.

"Yes?" I say looking at her with a puzzled expression on my face.

"No, I'm not your mate! Like you said! I'm not your mate!" She pulls me towards her and I land on the ground. She sits down on my waist and pulls my head up by my hair. She places a knife at my throat; her breath in my ear.

"Come out now alpha. I can see you." She sings the last two words. He walks out and shifts into his human state.

"Eve, put down the knife!" He threatens. She shakes her head.

"No. If he doesn't want to be mine then he can't be anyone's." She breathes every word in my ear as the knife presses deeper, sending chills up my spine.

"PUT IT DOWN NOW EVE DONT MAKE MY DO THIS!" Alpha Nick commands her. She struggles keeping it up trying not to give in.

"One." She squeezes on to the knife as tight as she can, cutting herself in the process.

"Two." My heart starts to race even more knowing I could die at any moment.

"Three" she holds her breath not moving her hand the alpha shifts and is about to attack her when-

"AHHHHHHHHH" A blood curdling scream comes from the trees; Eve's sick laugh in the background.

He thumps to the ground two knives in his back. It was Luna Ace. The alpha looks over and his eyes go completely red, his wolf is now completely at the forefront. I look over in shock and start to whimper.

"Why would.. Luna!" I screamed. The alpha rushes to his mate howling in anger. The pack mind link fills with questions as thundering steps fill the little bit of quiet that is still here. Eve flips me around while removing the knife.

"I'm not done with you just yet." She stabs me in the shoulder and hits me in the head with a rock.

"Come on help me with him before the alpha breaks out of his trance." Is the last thing I hear before I black out.