Chapter 7 : Questions

Aparajita

It's been 3 days since my last encounter with Rishabha. Where is he? What is he doing? And what is he planning to do? I can't stop thinking about it. He said he was here for me, for my swayamvar.

Flashback~

"I am here for your swayamvar. For you." He says smiling.

"Why are you here for me? The swayamvar is only for the princes of Kapila kingdom." I say raising my eyebrows.

"But I was already invited in the swayamvar that was going to be held in your father's kingdom. He has yet not sent any notice that says that the invitation is not valid." He says placing his hands on my shoulders and making me sit on a rock.

He bends down on his knees and starts applying the medicine on my other smaller wounds, after wrapping a white cloth around my arm.

"But King Madhavdev will not allow you to participate in the swayamvar. You should go back to your kingdom, Rajkumar." I say giving him a questioning look.

"Don't worry Rajkumari, leave that upto me." He says with an assuring smile.

"Aparajita...." I hear someone shout. It's Abhaya.

We reach the palace, and we're immediately taken to the assembly. While walking towards the hall, I can't stop myself from forming that jealous image of Abhaya from before. Was he really jealous or it's just in my brain? He's really the only man in this palace that is a little bit sensible and bit of a gentleman.

We reach the assembly where the king questions and lectures us. Thankfully, Abhaya handles the situation for us and we're allowed to go after some time. But not Rishabha. He's asked to stay in the assembly for further questioning.

Kamakshi and I go to our chamber. We change into our regular clothes. It's already pitch dark outside. I am starving. I hear a knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"Aparajita, it's me, Abhaya." I hear his voice.

"Please come in." I say standing up from my bed.

He enters the room along with two maids. Both of them holding a plate full of food. They place it on the table and leave.

"Both of you must be hungry. Please help yourself." He says smiling.

Kamakshi and I start eating. The meal seemed so delicious after a good fight. Just as we finish eating, there's another knock on the door. Abhaya opens the door. It's Aniruddha. He had a bowl in his hand. He comes in and closes the door behind him.

"I've brought some herbal medicine. Let me apply it on your wounds." He says making his way towards me.

"How thoughtful of you Rajkumar." I say smiling at him. "Kamakshi take the bowl from him and apply it on my wounds." I say looking at Kamakshi.

She understands quickly and takes the bowl from him. He lets out a scoff. She applies the paste on my wounds. I try my best to not let a voice out, because this paste makes my wounds burn like anything. Once she's done, she places the paste on the table.