Cure (11)

Shadow
Call me. I need to ask you a favor.

——————

Shadow messaged Rouge, wanting to talk to her about the cure G.U.N can help make for Sonic.

"Shadow? Why did you want me to call you? Any updates on blue?" Rouge held her phone close to her ear as he heard Shadow's baritone voice reply. "I am going to try to convince G.U.N to make a cure for him, run tests on him, anything, as long as he returns back to normal." Rouge's eyes widened at the desperate tone Shadow delivered along with his words. "I'll help you out hun."

———————

Shadow stomped into the halls of G.U.N's scientist's research area as Rouge walked confidently beside him.

"Hey Silver, we came to ask you a favor." Silver was the scientist in the workplace, of course the most intelligent. "Hey Rouge! Hey— Shadow!? Haven't seen you in some time! Man, aren't you a sight." Silver exclaimed, he sat outside the lab because he was at his lunch break. "Anyway, what can I help you with?" He asked as he took a bite of his red apple. "You think you can take the day off today, as in right now hun?" Rouge placed her hand on her hip as Shadow crossed his arms beside her, both of them staring down at Silver, awaiting his reply. "I'll be needing a good reason why." Silver chuckled with a smile

"Sonic was intoxicated by Eggman." Silver's eyes widened, then narrowed with agreement to their favor. "I'll let the boss know." Silver stood up and nodded at Shadow, who glared at him as he passed by and nodded as well.

——————

"Can't believe you actually got permission, seeing that you're one of the most important employees here." Rouge stated as the three walked inside Shadows house. "Eh, I just made up some tragic sob story, no big deal. Now tell me what's going on with Sonic."

Shadow directed Silver and Rouge to the camera room, the room embellished with sticky notes, and red strings connecting to another; like a sight from a crime movie with some desperate guy trying to connect the dots. "Oh this is serious." Silver said as his eye's landed on the noted behavior Sonic displayed.

"I've been through this a dozen times, Sonic was intoxicated, he attacks people and he has self control. I made a deal with him, he doesn't attack me, I feed him. So when he escaped out of my grasp, chaos rose. The fox helped me download Eggman's database and there we found proof the cruelty wasn't out of his free will. We filed a police report and we just need to find a cure for him." Shadow summarized.

Silver nodded as his eyes wandered over the basement camera, Sonic chained up and staring right into the camera. "I'll need to run some tests on him, Tails nearby?" Silver asked and turned around to face the two. "Yeah, hold on." A flash of green flashed in and Shadow was gone. Another flash blinded Silver and Rouge and now 4 people were inside the camera room in total.

Shadow led everyone to the basement where Sonic laid shackled. He watched as everyone walked down the stairs steps. Silver's eyes roamed around the basement. "I've never seen a sanitized, and clean basement." Silver exclaimed as he walked towards the tainted blue hedgehog. He pulled out a butterfly needle, used for blood tests. "Did you know Shadow fucked me?" Sonic said with giggles. "Yes I did, and it sure kept your mouth shut for a while." Shadow spat out while Rouge's jaw dropped. "Wowzers! With no shame!" Silver muttered sarcastically with shock as he took a sample of Sonic's blood.

"Alright I'll see what's going on with him and make a cure. Give me a week, maybe."

——————
A week later...

"Shadow! I made the cure! I'll be there this instant!" Shadow rose up from the couch and looked out the window, anxiously awaiting for the scientist to arrive. It was dark out, and he tried to spot for Silver's teal glowing gloves and shoes.

Silver arrived at Shadow's house and Shadow opened the door to the basement. Silver scurried inside and found Sonic quietly sleeping. Silver vaccinated the cure he had created in the exact spot the toxins were injected.

"What luck to catch him asleep, it will take time for this to take effect, so it's better if he slept it off instead of feeling lightheaded and drowsy during the process of his being returning. It's best if you stay with him, just incase. It's my first time making a cure for a "disease" that was recently discovered. Don't expect it to be perfect, but it is good enough to make him aware of himself, the imperfections are the side effects. Either way he will be okay in the end." Silver assured Shadow as he began to take his leave. Shadow nodded as a 'thanks' and watched as Silver left.

Shadow stayed with Sonic, making sure he stays asleep for he did not want any more trouble for Sonic. Shadow watched Sonic calmly and tiredly inhale and exhale, with soft snores, his stomach rose and fell with every breath. Seeing Sonic sleep in such a tender manner, made Shadow feel tired. He stepped away from Sonic, not wanting to be close to him for logical reasons; Sonic might grab a hold of the chain's keys if Shadow was close enough.