Search (7)

Rouge sat on the sofa right beside Shadow; she crossed her legs, with her chest up, and her flirtatious eyes staring at his. Shadow sat with his mind distraught, his back slouched, while his elbows rested on his knees. "I don't know what to do this time Rouge. He is dangerous. And I'm sure Eggman is behind this. I've already talked to some officers, they said they'll be on lookout but since there's not enough evidence, they cannot do much. And all I gave them evidence on was Eggman." Shadow clapped his hands together, his hands covering his muzzle and his mind lingering everywhere else.

"Woah! Woah! Woah! Back up hun. What happened with Sonic? What do you mean Eggman is behind this? And why did you talk to the police? What did they say? Or do?" Shadow sighed and groaned in frustration. "Follow me." Shadow rose up from the couch, glaring at Rouge to do the same. When she did, Rouge followed Shadow past the basement door, and into what seemed to her, a camera room.

"I have documented Sonic's behavior ever since he..went mad. I saved timestamps and I wrote down what I've observed about him. Read and watch all you need to, to understand." Shadow leaned against the wall beside the door. He crossed his arms as he watched Rouge look at the computer; soon she pressed play on the timestamps shown.

Her eyes widened in sheer shock as she watched the footage. "T-that's the blue boy?" Her diamond eyes glared at Shadow in concern. She looked back at the screen leaning closer to see pixelated details. "Yesterday he escaped from the basement I kept him in. I didn't expect him to run so I couldn't stop him. I'm gonna try looking for him today. After police reported a random guy on the loose, everyone seemed to stay home." Rouge stepped away from the computer and placed her hands on her waist. "Hun, you know you're not doing this alone, right? I'll get G.U.N to help." Rouge flapped her wings as she levitated upward; until Shadow grabbed her hand and pulled her down.

"Don't bring G.U.N into this. They're going to think Sonic is doing this out of his free will. And you know what they will do to him." Rouge faced the wall with guilt. She stared back at Shadow and nodded. "They've probably already heard about it in the new—" She exclaimed before Shadow interrupted her. "Then I'm going to find him first."

Rouge called Knuckles in hopes to get as much people to help find Sonic while Shadow went on his own. Shadow ran past every park, or community center. Past every store with broken windows. It seemed like a riot had happened. He ran towards a forest, but then stopped. He saw a familiar machine in the distance. He ran closer discreetly and saw Eggman crabmeat. Shadow observed how the crab moved side to side on too of a specific spot. There was a metal underneath. Shadows eyes widened realizing what that could be. I need to know what happened. He thought to himself as he walked towards the underground bunker.

Shadow had landed on his feet, crouched down and eyeing the place caution. The place had the smell of metal; it was cold and dull. He heard faint voices from afar and assumed it was Eggman talking to his robot minions, Orbot and Cubot. Shadows eyes widened as the first place he came across was a sort of planning chart and cameras...from all around the city.

Shadows eyes burrowed as he leaned into the corner of the wall, eyeing the place around the turning corner. He grabbed his phone that had been hidden in his quills and stealthily took video footage; video footage is easier to believe.

POV Shadow

I need to download this data, but I need the fox for this. This place seems to run on advanced technology. It's stable and clean as well, definitely under high maintenance. I looked at the floor, the only area of the place with dust and filth from shoes stepping all over it. I wonder how well his security is over this place, the least I want is to put anyone in danger, especially the fox; he's useful. I also know that he will do anything to save Sonic, so I know he will say yes, but we need a plan.

I analyzed the place once more and decided to lurk deeper into the underground bunker. What made him do this? He has never gone this far. As I was about to head further into the large bunker, I heard cocky snickering and footsteps growing louder and louder towards me. I began to run backwards until I made my way to the ladder. I had only got in because the crabmeat had some type of chip inside. When I smashed the crabmeat to pieces, I found the chip; it's useful to me to get in, but it might have a tracking code inside. I cannot risk taking it with me. I held up the chip that I sneaked out off my glove and held it close to the door on top. The door opened with the chip that worked like a security card and I hopped out into the dirty grass.

I grabbed the smithereens of the crabmeat and I ran to the trees as I hid behind one as I sat down on the dirt. I ripped out pieces of bark off of a tree to remember it for later and I dug on the dirt with my hands to make a hole. I placed the small chip inside and then placed the dirt back into place. I smoothed the dirt out to make it look natural and added the remains of the crabmeat on top of where the chip is buried. It's just a crabmeat, he has more machines worth more than these things.

I might as well look for Sonic again. I took out my phone as I crouched next to a tree that was further out from the forest and nearer to the city. I observed the video I had taken. Now I know for sure Eggface is the one that planned this whole scheme, the one who made him like this. My question is, how?