Emma and Ben Miller

"I'm not confused, it's just you're making me think, of all our conversations missing their link."

____

____

She wore a simple, knee length red dress with a sweetheart neckline it looked like it was designed for her specifically, it hugged her curves flawlessly and she looked absolutely stunning. Aaron was thankful for being the driver he was sure if he wasn't he would not stop staring at her— exactly like he did when they said their goodbyes to Jack and Jessica but perhaps not as secretly.

"We are almost there" he announced, they were thirty minutes away from their destination Emily was still quiet, staring out of the window he was starting to get used to the silence that accompanied them after every sentence he said, he was surprised she opened her mouth to speak.

"How do you do that?" She asked him

"Driving?" Aaron said trying to joke, he didn't receive any reaction that expressed amusement from her, she looked serious and curious.
"No" she answered "how can you be okay with this? How did you agree to this assignment?" She questioned, how can he look so fine with the fact he will be close to her again? he had a girlfriend who is waiting for him at home and he just left that behind.

It wasn't like him, how could he, or as a matter of fact, Beth be okay with that? It bothered Emily to even spend the drive with him she couldn't imagine how he can do that.

Aaron frowned, confused by her question it was one he didn't know needed to be asked he was sure the answer was known "How did you?" He asked back, he agreed to this mission because there is a serial killer that they needed to catch, two people were already in danger because of their unsub. And of course there was also the fact that he couldn't just say no, he knew Emily would agree to this and the thought she'll do it without him concerned him.

"It's not the same" she shook her head

"why?"

"Because you are dating someone, Aaron!" she exclaimed, leaning forward in her chair and shifting her body to face him, visibly bothered by the need to remind him of this important detail, the fact that he had agreed to participate was strange.

"You are in a happy relationship, and you agreed to take part in an undercover operation with your ex" she continued adding to her point, her tone emphasizing the significance of it.

Aaron was taken aback by her reaction, finding it almost laughable in light of the situation. Nonetheless, her genuine distress was making it impossible for him to treat her concerns lightly. "Emily, me and Beth broke up months ago" he said reassuringly.

She leaned back in her seat and faced back ahead he noticed her sudden silence. "I'm sorry for bringing it up. I didn't know" she finally said, with a hint of remorse for unintentionally making him share that with her.