Once they're gone, I start practicing my speech again. It's nerve-wracking to do this and it's even worse when you know what's at stake. If she rejects me, I’ll probably have to go on a life endangering killing spree.

The staff comes up shortly and I instruct them on what needs to be changed. They didn't take long to do as told and then I'm left all alone again. With my anxiety.

Dealing with fellow Mafia bosses is easier than preparing to charm a woman into spending her whole life with me.

Ewan said I suck at romance and if Valerie hadn’t given me a chance, I'd still be single or in a contractual marriage. He also gave me incredible advice —rather sarcasm— this morning that I have to manipulate her or any woman with a brain wouldn't wanna be with me.

If it wasn't for Addy and Cyrus’ words of encouragement and dad’s hour-long motivation and tips, I would've lost all hope in myself and our relationship.

I would then have one last option to make her mine. But I’m being optimistic. She's gonna say ‘yes’.

She's very territorial, she likes to make her claim and I'm sure she won't lose an opportunity to put a ring on me and show me off as hers.

After checking everything for the tenth time, I went down to the living room where Addy's peacefully sleeping on the floor. Again. She just doesn't listen to me.

Not only is she sleeping in the worst position and the worst surface with her mouth wide open, she's also completely forgotten about the task I gave her. She's supposed to get Valerie up to the rooftop.

I smiled, shaking my head. She looks so cute, I can't even be mad at her.

I grab her phone from beside her and unlock it with her finger before finding Valerie's contact. According to their last chat she's gonna be here in another twenty minutes and she doesn't want to see a particular person who happens to be me. And my sister’s openly telling her she doesn't like him either because he's boring and controlling.

I text Val, ‘I’m gonna put my phone to charge, don't text, come directly to the rooftop, I've set up a projector there.’

She texts back instantly with, ‘Okay, on my way’.

My relief was short lived because I realized she's texting while driving which I've told her a thousand times not to. None of the women in my life listen to me. I hope my niece isn't like them.

                            ———

“I’ve never been in love before and I never will be again. Because you're enough for my entirety. You complete me, I couldn't have asked for anyone more perfect. Thanks for choosing me to love, angel. Please do me another favor and accept this ring.”

After an excruciatingly long twenty three minutes of walking the length of the roof overthinking my whole existence and memorizing the speech I wrote, Valerie finally gets here.

I hide behind the pillar next to the door so she doesn't see me when she enters. I watch as she steps in wearing light brown trousers and a loose white shirt that's tucked in. Her beautiful red hair is up in a ponytail and a brown leather bag is by her side to complete the look.

She defines perfection.

Everything about her is enchanting. And every minute away from her reminds me how close I am from losing her. I have to make it right this time. 

“Addy,” She calls when she finds the tent empty.

I finally stepped out and her eyes narrowed at me for a split second before she realized that it was all my plan. Instead of arguing, she prioritized her mental peace and moved towards the door to leave.