Shopping

Adeline's Ροv

“You know it's okay if you like him.”

My head snaps to her. “I don't like him.”

It's all Ewan's fault that we're having this conversation right now. He's been so interrogative about me holding hands with Reign yesterday that it was the only topic he discussed till we reached home.

And since my hormones are nowhere near stable, I snitched to Lucius, not realizing that I'm snitching on myself. And Valerie happened to be there so she got the idea that something might be fishy between me and Reign —from his side obviously. 

When we left this morning, she asked me about the tiara Reign got me and from there, I started revealing each and every detail of our nonexistent relationship.

I really needed to vent to someone.

Valerie shrugs. “I'm just saying if you do like him, then it's not that bad.”

I roll my eyes. “Everyone at home hates him.”

She picks up another swim suit, drops it in the cart. I should probably tell her to not get that since I'm not gonna swim or wear anything revealing until my babies are out of me.

Before I could say anything she spoke again. “Do you?”

I take a moment to consider her question. “I used to think he was straight up arrogant and very rude —which he still is— but… he’s cute sometimes. Did I tell you he had my number all along but didn't call because I didn't give it to him. And he promised he wouldn't ever pick a fight with my family —which is bare minimum but it's huge considering it's him.”

“And apologized to that guy at his home because you told him to.” She added.

“Right. That was so unexpected.” I exclaimed. “He’s even started helping me with the baking but he only does the easiest tasks like mixing stuff or cutting shapes out of utensils. He also loves measuring ingredients. It's so adorable how focused he is when he does that. But all of that doesn't matter…”

I decided to end the conversation and started looking through the jeans on the shelves trying to find my size. But Valerie wanted to continue the conversation.

“Are you worried that your family won't approve of him? It won't be like that, Lucius is very understanding and I know Rhyett would support you in everyth-”

I shake my head. “I’m pregnant, Valerie. Even if I did like him, I won't consider a relationship.”

She nods understanding what I'm saying. “You're right. You should take some time for yourself. It's better not to rush into things you're not sure about.”

Suddenly I looked at the price tag and my mouth flew open seeing the triple digits on it. “Valerie, it's too expensive.” I whisper to her.

“Don’t look at the price. Get whatever you want, I'm paying.” She tells me and gets back to stocking the cart with more potential clothes for me.

“No, you don't have to. Lucius got me a card.”

I really don't like people spending their money on me. And I don't want her to think I only invited her so she could cover the bill.

“Did I ask?” She raises a perfectly manicured brow. “I’m paying and that's final.”

“But-”

“Sweetie, if you're concerned I'm gonna be broke after this, then don't be. I have earned tons in my life. And I also kinda have a tiny little backup called Rhyett Storm.” She winks at me. “I’ve heard he's a big name in the market, this is gonna be spare cash for him.”