Chapter 14: Ink x Broomie

Disclaimer! It' spicy ;)

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

The night was quiet, and you were sitting down on your bed, back against the bedpost, with a nightlight stationed near the book you were reading. Music was softly playing in the background as your eyes skimmed over the seemingly jumbled words on the pages.

An uncomfortable feeling churned inside your stomach as your eyes squinted trying to decipher the words you were reading. The words didn't make any sense, and everything looked hazy.

You closed the book, placed it down, and got out of bed. Wearing your warm, fuzzy slippers, you trudged slowly towards your bathroom to freshen up. You turned on the lights and let out a tired sigh as soon as you were in front of your sink.

Your hair was matted, and your eyes seemed unfocused. The dark circles under your eyes seemed more prominent under the bright white light of your bathroom. Your lips were pale and dry.

Turning on the faucet, you gathered some water on the palm of your hands and splashed it all over your face multiple times. While in the middle of washing your face with a face wash, a silent whisper was suddenly heard.

"Why didn't you go looking for me?" Your blood ran cold and hastily wiped the foam off of your eyes, quickly looking up only to see someone standing behind you in the mirror.

They were breathing hard and looked very injured. A painful ringing passed through your ears as you felt something drip under your nose and saw that it was blood. Like the book you were reading, you weren't sure if your eyes were working correctly since you didn't even see their face. Or was there even a face to begin with?

The only recognizable feature that made you freeze up was that same, damn blue sweatshirt with the striped magenta pattern stitched onto it. You definitely knew who was wearing it because . . .

. . . You made that sweatshirt yourself.

"Why?" Their voice sounded hollow, soulless even. The ringing noise just got even louder, and you couldn't take it anymore. You whip around, ready to face them head-on, only to find no one there.

Breathing heavily, you quickly washed the rest of the foam away from your face and wiped it aggressively with a towel. When you put the towel down, you were almost horrified at the sight of this black, tar-like substance smeared all over the material.

"What in the world?" A chilling sensation shot up your spine, and the last thing you were able to feel and see was a singular, black tentacle with the same tar-like substance wrapping itself around your neck and snapping it in half.

Your eyes shot wide open as a painful gasp escaped your throat. You clawed at your neck in a panic, making sure it was still intact and that you were alive. Angry, hot tears pricked at the corners of your eyes as you gritted your teeth, clenching your fists so hard that your knuckles turned white from the pressure.

"This bitch needs to leave me alone," you muttered. The feeling of your nails digging into your skin assured you that this was reality and not a nightmare anymore.

It was so frustrating having to experience this every night, and you didn't have the heart to tell your friends about it because you knew they would worry their skulls off about it.

Nightmare . . . Everything about that guy was killing you on the inside. It almost tempts you to start screaming in the air, demanding he just show himself directly to you and to stop being such a coward with all these mind games he kept playing with you.