Cloudy

*WARNING this chapter is really sad*

I am in the airplane flying towards London. I lied to Lando about my stepfather he will probably be there but I will try to avoid him. I am really nervous about meeting him. I don't know if I will run away when I see him, cry or punch him. I am both scared and angry and I don't know how he will react when he sees me. I will try to ingore him as much as I can. A flight attented stops next to me. <<Would you like something to eat ma'am?>> she asks me in a polite tone with a slight smile. <<A fruit salad if it's possible>> I say with a kind smile. I try not to laugh to her calling me ma'am, it made me feel like I am some kind of royalty or a really old person.

<<Right away ma'am>> she walks away and now I remember that I am flying under McLaren's name in business class and that is why I get anything that I ask. My fruit salad arrives  and I eat it right away. I feel a sudden russ of tiredness surround me so I decide to take a nap.

[....]

I open my eyes and look outside the window. I am supprised to see that we are landing and that I have slept for so long. I haven't been to London for over a year now, it's weird to be back here. I grew up here, I met Lando here, my mom died here. My whole life was the UK until 3 years ago when everything with my stepfather happened and Lando took me to Monaco with him. I stand up and grab my things, I guess it's time. I step outside the airplane on the stairs. I open my phone and close the fly mode. The first message I have is from Lando saying call me when you land. I sigh, he is really worried about me. 

I give him a call but he doesn't pick up. I start walking towards the luggage when my phone rings. I look at it and see that Lando is calling. I pick up and he immediately speaks, <<You landed?, are you okay?>> I chuckle and feel kinda sad at the same time of how worried he is. <<I just landed and I am getting my suitcases now>> I say as I hear him let out a sigh of relief. <<I will be fine Lando>> I try to hide the fact that I am worried too. <<I know, I know... sorry I just don't want anything to happen to you>> his voice lower and sweeter than usual. <<I promise you nothing is going to happen>> I am trying to reassure him. 

<<Okay but if anything at all makes you feel uncomfortable call me>> he sounds a lot calmer now. <<I will but now tell me did you land on Abu Dhabi>> I change the subject. <<Yep>> he says. <<Your first win on the last race of the year?>> I believe he is going to win in every race but I know McLaren isn't at that level yet. <<Without you being my strategist no I don't think so>> he laughs at his words. <<Ahh come on I know you can do it without me>>  I say. <<Yeah sure now I have to hang up I will call you later in the afternoon to check on you>> he says and it's then that I realize I am already walking out the airport with how long we have been talking. <<Okay goodbye>> I hang up and put my phone back in my purse.

A taxi is waiting for me. McLaren really have arranged everything for me. I put my things on the trunk and get inside. I tell the driver my address and he starts driving. I am staring out the window my mind hollow. I don't know what I should think of or if it's better to not think at all. These streets look too familiar and too strange at the same time. I feel so weird being back here where all my happy and sad years are. Flashbacks of my childhood start rolling in my mind. We drive past the park where me and Lando used to play all the time. Now we are driving past the cemetery where my mom is buried. <<Can you stop here for a little bit I won't be long>> I say and he pulls over.

I haven't visited my moms grave for so long that I feel bad. I walk towards her grave and sit next to it. I used to visit her when I was younger everyday after school but I was only having panick attacks so I stopped visiting her so often. It's almost been 2 years now that I haven't visited her and her grave looks dusty like no one visits her. Tears start rolling down my cheek. Maybe she wasn't the best mother but she is still my mother and I shouldn't have been so disrespectful. She was never there because she was working for me. She is the only family member I remember. My dad is buried in Spain and we never went there with my mom. I know I have some grandparents somewhere in Spain but my mom never talked about them so I never searched for them after her death.