Lando

I recomend listening to Beautiful things while reading this chapter.

I am in the bathroom looking at my reflection on my phone waiting for her message. I have tried texting her but I get no answer in return. I was mad last night because she didn't even let me explain to her and I am still mad at her. I open my phone and send her another message saying sorry for the 100th time. She finally reads my messages, no answer though.

It's just Cloudy being Cloudy you know. I tell myself. She is just being stubborn. Don't overthing about it, our friendship isn't going to fall apart after so many years. We will be fine it's us. But...

'Silence isn't empty. It's full of answers.'

Something wet runs down my cheek. Am I crying? I have never cried before. Is this how it feels? Like a dark cloud is forming in your mind, your stomach twisting and twisting, your heart beating faster and your breathing getting faster and sharper. Like the air around you isn't enough.

A knock on the bathroom door makes me jump. <<Lando I need to use the bathroom>> it's Kiara. I totally forgot about her. Last night I left her at the party and when I came bak to the hotel room she was sleeping.

<<Give me one minute>> I am wiping away my tears. I take a deep breath and open the door for her to come in. <<Good morning Ki>> I get out of the bathroom. <<Good morning baby>> she smiles at me. Maybe she was drunk last night and forgot I left her behind.

Thank god I think. I open my phone again still no response from Cloudy. I jump on the bed. I lay there staring at the ceiling.

Am I asking for too much? All I want is for us to be back at normal. Be friends.

Kiara gets out of the bathroom with a robe wrapped arround her. She is searching for something in the closet when she let's the robe fall to the floor. She is trying to get my attention. She turns to me and lays next to me in the bed. She is biting her lips.

<<Not now Kiara I have to go to the track quali starts soon>> I say and get up grabbing my back pack and putting my shoes on. <<When you get back we need to have a talk>> she sounds mad. So she wasn't drunk enough to forget I left her behind last night. Fuck this is the last thing I need right know. I couldn't give a fuck of what she has to say.

I close the door behind me and leave for the track.

[...]

Qualifing ended soon for me. I will start tomorrows race 16th, what a shame. I am signing some caps and taking pics and I am going back to the hotel to sleep. I don't want to do anything after such a bad result.

I am scared for the race tomorrow. The track is too cold and the tyres won't warm up.

I open my room door Kiara isn't here. I take a cold shower and lay in bed. I won't wait for Ki to be back I don't want her lecturing me.

I wake up next to Kiara. I get up from the bed and put on some clothes. I will go have breakfast and then I will drive around Vegas until it's time to go to track I don't want to talk to Kiara just not today.

I am drinking an orange juice and eating bangles. Daniel is walking towards me. <<Good morning mate>> his usual smile showing. <<Good morning Danny, how are you?>> I point the chair for him to sit down. <<I am fine but you don't look well mate, what is going on?>> he always knows when I am not well.

I look behind Danny at Charles and Cloudy walking in the room. Charles sees me and puts his hand around Cloudy's waist. <<Long story short that is what it's happening>> I say to Daniel looking at Cloudy and Charles. <<I am sorry mate I know how much you like her but hey let's go out tonight>> he says. I told Danny a long time ago about Cloudy. <<Okay I am in>> I say to him.

<<I have to go now mate see you in track>> I get up from the table. I look at Cloudy that is sitting some tables away from me and at Charles who is glaring at me. I walk out the door and in my car.

I drive around Vegas waiting for the time to pass. Kiara had tryed calling me but I didn't pick up. I fucked up my life in just a week.

[...]

I bumped into Cloudy in the paddock. <<Hi>> I am smiling at her like a little kid. <<Hey Lando>> she is cold, no expression on her face. <<Do you want to talk to me know?>> I ask her. <<No Lando I am still mad at you>> she says and now I am mad too. <<When will you stop acting like a kid and not being so stubborn>> I say a little too loud. <<So I am the one acting like a kid?>> she is calm. <<Yes>> I say again. <<You know what I never want to talk to you again I hate you>> she screams and everyone is looking at us.

I walk away. She is so stubborn I can't communicate with her properly. I arrive at McLaren everyone is saying hi to me but I don't talk to anyone. I get in my drivers room and slam the door behind me. I need to be alone for a while.

<<Lando open the door we need to talk>> it's Kiara. << I am busy later>> I say. <<I said open the door>> she is demanding. <<and I said leave>> I am not in the mood right now.

I spend the next hours watching tik tok waiting until it's time to get in my car. Today I didn't ask for Cloudy to be the one talking to me in the radio like in every other race. After everything I couldn't. It's time to get in my car the race is about to start. I walk out my room and my eyes lay on her looking at me with a mad face. And that's when it hits me. What she said to me a couple of hours ago. She hates me.

I look away from her and to my car. I get in the car. <<Radio check Lando, radio check>> Mark's voice instead of Cloudy's. <<All good Mark>> I answer.

She hates me. Green flag and I am free to go on track. She hates me I think again parking my car in p16.

We are doing a lap to warm our tyres but all I can think of is that she hates me.

We are waiting for lights out to start. It's lights out and the race starts. I step on my pedals as hard as I can.

One lap goes by, second lap goes by. <<Drs is enabled>> Mark again.

'I hate you' and I loose control of the car and start spinning. When the car finally stops spinnng I hear her on the radio. <<Lando are you okay?>> she sounds worried and she is talking to me. <<Lando please answer me>> I hear her again but suddenly everything goes black and I can't hear a thing anymore.

________________________

I don't know what to say to you guys after this chapter.