Lando

I am stroking her hair while she sleeps. She fell asleep after the second movie started playing. My heart feels full again, just as it used to. It was a long day and I need sleep too. My mind though has other plans because it's too happy and excited to relax and let me sleep. I take the pillow next to me and place her head on it. Now that my legs are free I get up to go get a blanket. It's cold and she is wearing a T-shirt. I take a blanket from my bed and another one from the closet. I go in the living room again, she has turned sides she is now facing the pillows. I place the blanket on top of her and sit in the other couch. I lay down and close my eyes. My mind still thinking but I need the sleep. I force myself to sleep.

[...]

<<Good morning sleepy head>> her morning voice makes me open my eyes. <<Good morning>> a big smile drawn on my face. <<You okay? How did you sleep?>> she says again. <<Good nothing hurts>> I reassure her. <<Okay then let's go eat because you need to take your medicine>> she offers me a hand to stand up. <<Let me get changed first>> I say. <<Yeah and I will go in my room to put on my own clothes>> she laughs. <<Don't forget to give me back mine>> a grin on my face. <<They look better on me so I will keep them>> she makes a funny face at me. <<I will meet you downstairs>> and she leaves.

I open my closet and pick an outfit. I get out of my room and in the elevator. The door of the elevator slides open an I walk to the breakfast area. I go straight to the food. I take a plate and put on 2 eggs, a bagel and a croissant. I also take a cup of juice and walk towards Cloudy and Charles. I sit across Cloudy and place my plate in front of me. She looks at my plate and grabs my croissant. <<The doctor wrote on the paper no sugar before taking the medicine>> she says to me with a smile. I try to take the croissant back from her hands but she takes a big bite of it. <<Nah too late>> she is chewing it slowly trying to make me mad.

I hear Charles laugh and turn to look at him. <<You look like an ipad kid that was told to go touch some grass>> Charles laughs again. <<Thank you mate>> I say and laugh with him. <<This was delicious>> she says while eating the last bite. <<Good to know>> I say rolling my eyes.  <<Lando will you be flying with Cloudy to London?>> Charle's voice again. I am starting to get used to him being around. <<No I didn't even know Cloudy was going>> I am confused because she didn't mention anything. <<Yeah they informed me last minute that I have to attent a meeting>> she says. <<Where will you be staying?>> a question that I am really worried about the answer. <<At my house>> her eyes a little worried. <<You are sure you want to go back there?>> I say and her eyes go straight to Charles. He doesn't know and I almost gave it away. 

Charles is now more intrested in his phone, he didn't understand a thing. I mouth sorry to Cloudy and she mouths back it's okay. <<Do you want me to come with you?>> I whisper. <<No you should rest and I will be fine>> she looks at me with a smile. <<And also I don't think he will be there, I think he went to a trip>> she says out loud getting Charles attention. <<Who?>> he says confused. <<My stepfather>> she says totally normal. <<Oh okay>> and he is looking back at his phone again. Charles is propably flying to another universe where he is a champion with Ferrari. He is clearly daydreaming and haven't understand a thing. I look at Cloudy who is trying to keep her laugh. is he okay I mouth to her. <<Yeah Ferrari wants to renue his contract and he is flying on cloud 9>> she whispers.  <<That explains a lot>> now I am the one trying not to laugh.

<<So I have a flight to catch, see you in Abu Dhabi mate>> he sighs, <<Good bye babe>>. Charles looks extremely happy and I can't blame him. <<Bye mate>> I raise my eyebrows. <<Bye babe>> she says and leans to give him a kiss on the cheek. I take a sip of my juice looking away. I only look back at her when Charles is gone. <<Do you know what they want?>> my question brings a weird expression on her face. <<No they didn't say why they want me there>> her answer making me more curious. <<Well I have a thought on what they possibly want>> her face glowing as she says it. <<Tell me>> is all I manage to say. <<I think they want to offer me the main position as your strategist, you know how Mark always said he is now too old>> I have never seen her smile so big. With her beautiful smile I almost forgot what she said.

<<That's the best news ever>> I am so excited I can't hide it. <<Hey, hey calm down we can't be sure yet>> she says with a laugh. We continue eating our breakfast until we are both done. <<Let's go buy your meds now>> she stands up. <<We can go later>> I know there is no way on convincing her but I give it a try. <<I know you really well mister and if we don't go now you will never take them>> she smiles at me ironically. <<You are a pain in the ass you know that?>> I sigh and get up. I try to look irritated but fail when we both start laughing. We are walking out the hotel when fans surround us. <<Lando please sign this>> one of them says. <<Lando please a photo>> another one. She gives me a sympathetic look and steps aside to wait for me. I start signing caps and taking pictures.

A sigh of relief leaves my mouth when I am finally done. I turn back at Cloudy who is smiling at me. <<They love you>> she is talking about my fans. <<Yeah I know but I would like to have a more private life>> I say staring at the sky. She stops walking and I realize we have arrived to pharmacy. <<Wait here I will go inside>> she says and I just nod. I lean against the wall and look around. Las Vegas is really beautiful but I think it's too busy here. <<Hey daydreamer here are your meds>> Cloudy is handing me two pills and a bottle of water. I take the pills and put them in my mouth. I swallow them with a little water. <<My mom had to buy me gifts so I would take my meds and I just took  them just because you said so>> she laughs at my comment.  <<I knew you were spoiled but I didn't think that much>> she says with a grin. 

<<Excuse me miss little perfect but I am not spoiled>>

<<Oh yes you are>> she laughs and shoves my arm. <<You are in trouble>> I say when she starts running. <<Catch me if you can>> she is laughing. I start running after her. <<Oh I will and you will regret saying that>> I am almost behind her. I grab her arm and turn her so she is facing me. I pick her up and place her against my chest. <<Put me down>> she kicking her feet. <<No>> I laugh and start spinning her around. She is laughing when I place her down. I stand there looking like an idiot staring at her. <<You are spoiled>> she sticks her tongue out and starts running again. I smile at myself and start chasing her again. She stops outside the hotel and smiles at me. 

<<I have to make my suitcase and go to the airport and you have a flight to catch too>> she says. I am so confused how isn't she tired from all the running when I am out of breath. We get in the hotel and in the elevator. <<Plese take your meds for me, good bye>> she says and hugs me. I hug her back. <<Will you be at the race?>> I ask her. <<I don't know>> she lets go of me. <<Okay good bye and I won't forget to take my meds>> I wave at her. She offers me a big smile and leaves.

__________________________

Sorry for not posting last saturday I was sick and didn't feel like writing. Enjoy these happy chapters is all I am going to say.