Lando

I feel little hands poking my face. I know I have to wake up but I could use some more hours of sleep. I open my eyes and two big brown eyes are staring at me. Lilliana is playing with my curls, Cloudy is still asleep in the next seat.

<<Lan>> Lilliana is rubbing her eyes. <<Yes, Lilliana>> I try to smile at her but I am still so tired. <<You are pretty but you are not pretty enough to be her boyfriend>> she points at Cloudy. I want to laugh, Cloudy is indeed too beautiful for me.

<<Ouch that was harsh but she isn't my girlfriend she is my friend>> I try to explain to her but I don't think she can understand everything. <<You don't have a girlfriend?>> Lilliana looks confused. <<I have a girlfriend. My girlfriend is Kiara>> I say and realize that I haven't seen Kiara for so long. <<I don't like her>> is all she says and I burst out laughing.

<<Does Cloudy have a boyfriend?>> this kid loves asking questions. <<Yes, she does>> and now my mouth is bitter.

It's good I learned Spanish last summer and I can speak with Lilliana with no problem. I love speaking with that kid.

I have no idea what time it is and in how many hours are we arriving at Vegas. I can't find my phone and I don't have any idea where I left it. Cloudy's phone lights, she has got a message from Charles. I check the time too from her phone, in 1 hour we are landing. I have to wake up Cloudy and Kiara.

<<Lilliana let's wake them up>> I say to her. She sits up from my lap and starts tagging Cloudy. Cloudy opens her eyes and I speak, <<We are landing in one hour>> I say and Lilliana looks at me confused now. She doesn't understand what I am saying because I am speaking English now.

Cloudy rubs her eyes and I smile because that's what Lilliana did too some minutes ago, <<okay thanks for waking me up>>Cloudy says and Lilliana jumps in her arms. <<It's good to see you too, little one>> Cloudy giggles and gives Lilliana a big hug.

<<I will go find Kiara and see if she is awake>> I say and Cloudy nods.

Kiara is nowhere to be seen. I knock at the bathroom door, <<Ki are you in there?>> I wait for an answer, silence is all I get in return. Where did she go, she couldn't have vanished like that from the plane. As I am about to leave and go back to Cloudy I hear someone cry.

<<Kiara I know you are in there, what happened , can you open the door and talk to me please>> I don't know what is going on but Kiara is clearly crying. <<Lando I am really sorry>> her breathing getting more intense by the moment. <<Kiara open the door for me, you know we can talk>> I don't know what to do. I am confused.

The door unlocks, Kiara comes out her eyes red, she looks like she had been crying for hours. <<Babe->> I am about to say but Kiara cuts me off, <<babe I am really sorry I thought I was on my private account but apperantly I wasn't and I posted a photo of us together>> her voice is shaking. <<It's just a photo right, nothing more that can reveal our relationship>> I must be dreaming.

<<No Lando it wasn't just a picture of us together, it was the one I took in the car where I was kissing you>> and I feel the floor swallowing me. No no anything but this. It's the last thing I needed now. <<I deleted it as soon as I realized but it was too late>> she pauses << too many people had seen it already>> she continues and I am getting sick again.

<<I am sorry, you don't know how sorry I am>> she says and she is waiting for an answer but as much as I want to say something I can't. The words won't come out of my mouth.

<<I am supposed to be your media manager but I f*cking screwed you myself>> she stares at my eyes and I know I have to say something but I don't know what. <<It's okay>> I lie, no that's not okay. It's not okay because I don't f*cking know if I should be with Kiara in the first place. Everything is a mess and I am not in a position to deal with it right now.

<<We can't cover this, so we should probably make it officially in the race>> I just nod to her suggestion because really there is nothing else that I can do.

<<Let's go eat because we are landing in an hour and I am starving>> I pretend like nothing have changed.

[...]

We are at the paddock. The mechanics are preparing my car for FP1 and Cloudy is sitting with the other strategists and Lilliana is playing on Cloudy's phone next to her. Lilliana didn't want to leave so Cloudy offered her and her mom paddock passes but Lilliana's mom couldn't come so Cloudy is looking after Lilliana.

Before practice I have an interview with Kiara. We made it official and they want to interview us together.

I look across the room at Lilliana and Cloudy. I smile at Lilliana and she waves at me. I walk over to them and Lilliana jumps in my hug. That kid is so enthusiastic all the time and she always has so much energy.

She reaches something from her pockets, it's a lollipop. <<This is for you>> she says and gives me the lollipop. <<Thank you but you should keep it and also I am not allowed to eat sweet's>> I hand her, her lollipop back. <<My mom says the same but Cloudy said I could have one>> she is smiling and looking at the lollipop with heart shaped eyes. <<It's all yours kid>> her smile bigger now. Cloudy bursts in laughter seeing Lilliana smile at the lollipop.

[...]

We are seated in a couch waiting to be interviewed. Kiara is squeezing my hand and Cloudy is sitting behind the cameras smiling at us with Lilliana on her lap.

The interviewer comes, minutes pass and it's what I have expected it to be. Questions like how long have we been together and so on. I am bored, I am not doing much, Kiara is answering all the questions, she seems excited.

<<Lando we have a question only for you>> the interviewer speaks, I forgot his name as usual. As I am about to say go on I see Charles walking to Cloudy and hugging her. Rage is overpowering me. He is holding her by her waist.

<<Who do you love more your bestfriend Cloudy or your girlfriend Kiara?>> the interviewer speaks again and Cloudy freezes to her mention, Kiara is smiling at me but I am looking at Charles hands wrapped around Cloudy's waist.

<<Kiara>> I am stone cold and I am still looking at Charles when I see Cloudy's smile fade. 

____________________

I wrote this last minute because I didn't have internet the whole week. We had some problems and they delayed to come and fix them. I hope you liked the new chapter. Get ready is all I am saying.