Eve Of The Counteroffensive: Part 3

Start from the beginning

It got me interested and I was wanting to know who wrote it.

When I turned the page, the first thing I saw was,

Seeing this made me a bit teary eyed and I think he wrote this for when he wanted to retire from the military

Seeing this made me a bit teary eyed and I think he wrote this for when he wanted to retire from the military. If that's the case, then why was it here of all places? That got me thinking, what if he was writing this while he was stationed here and forgot about it?

I definitely have to read this and ask mom if she knew about this book he was writing before he died.

I decided to keep it under wraps by putting it under my bed and walked out to enjoy the outdoors as I sat down and drank from my water pouch before I heard a voice.

Mom: Hey, think fast!

She threw an apple to me as she had one as well. I caught it, looked at it, and smiled at her.

Elias: Thanks.

Mom: Hey, you earned it. You worked hard.

She sat down next to me as I took a bite of the apple.

Elias: Yeah, just for doing some yardwork that's not even different when I had to live with the Jaegers.

Mom: Listen, Elias, I'm so sorry. If it makes you feel better, I was against giving you up. I wanted to raise you, but of course this had to happen.

Elias: Well, at least you're showing remorse.

Mom: Yeah. Ever since we reunited, I've been wanting to make up for what I've done to you.

(A/N: Well, that's great and all, but would you really mean it if you're not playing a ukulele?)

Elias: Now that you are, I think it's fair to say that I forgive you. I mean, I understand what you did, but while I still feel that it's wrong, I can put it behind me.

Mom: I'm happy to hear that, son.

We hugged as it felt good to put it behind me after thinking about it.

Look, I know that a few days may not be much to some, but it was to me. I needed time to think about whether or not I should forgive my mom for giving me up, and to see the sadness in her eyes and her voice trembling, I could tell that she meant every word.

I was willing to forgive her because her talking to me and her remorse somehow made us closer than before.

Mom: So, how have you been, regardless of how long I've been away from you?

Elias: Been surviving, just doing what I can to see humanity grow and fight back against the Titans.

Mom: Same.

Elias: Other than that, I think it's fitting if I told you that have a girlfriend now.

Mom: Ooh, is she pretty?