Night of The Detachment Ceremony - Humanity's Comeback: Part 2

~Elias POV~

For 3 years, it's been hectic.

Every time we did training, Sadies had been so hard on us that everyone had been trying their hardest to become the soldier they want to be.

One day, we were running in the rain with luggage on our backs. During this time, Armin was breathing heavily to where he couldn't get it up.

Sadies: Give up Arlert! There's no point in having runts like you in the Cadet Corps!

Then, I saw Reiner, one of the trainees who I grew fond of, ran right beside him...

?????: You're kidding right?

...and took the baggage on his back so Armin didn't have to!

Reiner: Just focus on the mile at hand.

Armin: Won't you get a demerit for helping?

Reiner: Yeah so what? Just make the cut and we're even. Got it?

So far, Sadies has given me his thoughts on the trainees the other day in simple summaries that everyone could understand.

Reiner Braun - With the mind and constitution like a grass fed ox, respected by comrades.

Armin: I'm nobody's burden!

Armin then ran toward Reiner and grabs his baggage as he kept going, showing that he's not a disgrace to the Corps.

This is what I always admired about Armin, he would feel weak in some areas but always came out stronger in ways we don't expect.

Armin Arlert - Built like a daffodil, but academically brilliant.

Soon enough, we were in the forrest, where were in training against Titan dummies while Sadies gave me his stats on some of the trainees.

Annie Leonhart - Gifted with a sword, but doesn't exactly play well with others.

Bertolt Hoover - Heaps made of talent, but too mild mannered.

Jean Kirstein - Second in the class on ODM, also an insufferable smartass with a hair trigger temper.

Hell yeah.

As Jean cuts a nape, Sasha came in, like the airhead she is, and is having fun when in reality, she should just take this training seriously as I am.

Sasha Brouse - Unusually fine instincts, rarely shares them with her teammates.

Conny Springer - Agile on the switchbacks, few sandwiches shy of a picnic.

Then, Sadies gave me the stats for Mikasa as she destroyed a dummy with technical precision.

Mikasa Ackerman - Model cadet. Excels in everything. In fact it's no overstatement to call the girl a genius.

Eren Jaeger - Lackluster in the classroom, marginally better in the field. But driven by a sense of purpose that's almost terrifying.

When I saw my stats, I was actually surprised by what Sadies had written down.

Elias Heinrich - A great example of what a soldier should be: perseverant, loyal, always putting himself on the front lines to protect others, and a second generation trainee who's got what it takes to be called a soldier, just like his father.

~Training Grounds~

Soon after, Mikasa and I were practicing hand to hand combat with a wooden knife as she had it first.