The Response - The Struggle For Trost: Part 4

~Elias POV~

Soon after that whole debacle with Woerman and his antics, we all met up on the wall where Pixis were looking down titans that were reaching out to us.

Eren was giving the whole ordeal about the cellar and how it's connected to all of this with the titans.

It's really interesting considering that I thought I was naive to it growing up, thinking there was nothing of it.

Pyxis: That's that. So, visiting the cellar should clear everything up?

Eren: Yes, sir. Well, at least I think so.

Pyxis: For the moment, there is no way to validate all of the claims you've made. For now, I'll just catalogue them in here.

Him pointing at his brain, which I can appreciate.

Now, I'm not a expert tactician nor am I weapon specialist, but the last time I checked, the mind is the most useful weapon out of everything.

While our swords and techniques can cause damage, the mind is what matters when trying to fight serve in the military. If we can't use our minds in warfare, then what's the point of being in the military?

Pyxis: With that said, I can usually tell the difference between the unctuous and the sincere, which is why I personally guarantee your safety. You're Cadet Armin Arlert. Is that correct?

Armin: Yes sir!

Pyxis: You mentioned a plan to harness this so-called "Titan Ability" and then utilize your friend's power to retake the city. Do you believe it could work? Or were you grasping at straws to try and save your hides.

Armin: U, well- Both, Commander. I was going to suggest that Eren, using him his strength as a Titan, could lift that giant boulder. We could use it to block off the wrecked gate. That was the best idea I was able to come up with on the spot. I-I just wanted to make everyone see how Eren's ability might provide a solution to the problem we all face. Granted, I was pretty desperate to survive.

Pyxis: "Deaperate to survive," huh? That's as credible a reason as any, son. What do you say, Cadet Jaeger?

Eren: Say, sir?

Pyxis: That hole. Do you think that you can plug it up, son?

Eren: Well, I-I don't know. It's possible, but at the moment, I don't understand my power any more than you do. It's just, I sort of feel irresponsible giving you an answer, cause I don't really know.

Pyxis: Ah, yes. Of course, my apologies. I asked you the wrong question. Are you willing to, Cadet Jaeger. Or not?

Eren: I'll do it. I'll do it! I don't know if I can seal that hole. But... I'll do it!

Pyxis: Excellently said. You have the heart of a lion. Staff officers, hup! We have a plan to flesh out!

Armin: Wait, we-? We can't actually be moving forward with this as our linchpin strategy. It was just something I tossed out there

Elias: I was thinking the same thing. Except, he seems like a guy who knows what he's doing. He has it all under control, like we can't see the forest for the trees, but it really sounds like he's got a bird's eye view.

Armin: You think so?

Elias: Yeah. Either way, we got a whole other problem to address before we can get your plan off the ground. And something tells me that the Commander's keenly aware of it.