Chapter 6 - Clues and Intrigues

Start from the beginning

Yun Hyuk the president of the academic club. Apparently, what I said before was really on her mind. She and I were just acquaintances who spoke little. Because of that, it would be totally understandable even if she completely dismissed what I said.

However, she was still thoughtful, which meant she hadn't completely dismissed my words. She really had doubts.

"I can't guarantee with 100% certainty."

That's my honest opinion, because I didn't know how much the story had changed thanks to my presence and the "rewriting" of the co-author. However, I doubt this part of the story is much different, at least he should still be a Djinn.

"Hmph. So you're not sure," she spoke with a slight disdainful huff.

"But, as I said, be careful around him. It doesn't mean you should avoid him, just be cautious."

"It's still totally ridiculous to believe he's a Djinn. Yun Hyuk is kind. If I were being honest, you probably have more chances of being a Djinn than Yun Hyuk."

"Why do you think that?"

"There's really no very well-thought-out reason. It's just my impression. You may not know, but your expressionless face can be quite scary, you know?"

It's a surprise she's being honest so early on.

"I can't do anything about it, I was born with this face."

"Kim Suho told me that you and Nayun also fought against a Djinn at the museum. Although I couldn't get access to the recordings of the fight at the museum against the Djinn, some rumors spread thanks to the civilians you saved. They said that the male cadet fought against the Djinn in hand-to-hand combat before receiving a fatal wound. However, that same person healed from that fatal wound and continued the fight. But still, 'he' was unable to win and it was Chae Nayun who killed the Djinn using a sword from the museum's weapons."

...Those are very detailed rumors.

However, it's a bit strange. I'm almost certain that most civilians were too scared to pay 100% attention to the fight that happened at the museum.

"That's it..." She murmured.

Yoo Yeonha was restless, and I could feel it in every word she spoke.

She pointed out irregularities in my combat abilities, highlighting how proficient I seemed to be in hand-to-hand combat despite choosing to carry a gun at Cube. That fact alone raised many questions. Why would someone so proficient in hand-to-hand combat choose to carry a firearm?

She must be very confused thinking about all this. She may have already thought about it before, but this time it was a thought to a much greater degree.

"Just as you said, the rumors are correct. I fought against a Djinn in hand-to-hand combat, though I took a beating from the start."

For some reason, her expression said she didn't fully believe my words.

"As for this issue of me healing from a fatal blow, it's just a stroke of luck. I won't be able to do it again, so don't think too much about it."

I didn't plan to reveal everything to her, but it didn't hurt to reveal some things that were already known.

"Besides, just the fact that I fought the Djinn is proof enough that I'm not one, isn't it?"

She sighed.

"I know. That's why I don't believe you really are a Djinn. However, for example, if I were to ask someone who had never met either of you before, who would be more likely to be a Djinn between you and Yun Hyuk, who do you think the person would choose?"